We did consider Thistle, Palm Resort, Pulai Spring before deciding to go with KSL. We stayed in KSL for a total of 4 nights with the primary objective of visiting Legoland and we settled with KSL but not the other 3 for the following reasons:
1) Relatively new compared to the other 3
2) Proximity to shops/eateries
We were not disappointed with our expectation as the rooms, common areas are all well maintain. On the contrary to some reviews, I find that the room is tad too small and basic (mine is a deluxe but I think the superior will also be of the same size but even more basic!). The overhead rain shower is nice but do expect the bathroom to be flooded after that as the shower area is not very well built. Buffet breakfast fare is more or less similar over the 4 days we were there and the spread is decent and sufficient to fill you up (but nothing to wow about). It got really crowded as the weekend came and the staff handling the diners were stress to the point of being rude (for this, I will give a 2 rating for service). We had buffet dinner there twice and the food selection for dinner is again decent but we decided to have dinner there because of convenience more than anything.
There are also plenty of eateries in the mall next door ranging from Italian to Japanese to local fare. As for shops, there are of average selection with too many mobile phone/tablet accessories carts (in my opinion!). Did enjoy my half body massage there while the girls went for manicure/pedicure (quite a large establishment in the basement next to Tesco).
The cab fare to Legoland is approximately RM50 per trip with a travel time of 20mins. Getting a cab back from Legoland is not an issue as there are plenty waiting to pick up the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KSL Hotel & Resort is the newest and largest integrated resort in Johor Bahru that offers a complete shopping experience with entertainments and accommodations. The hotel is located in the heart of Johor Bahru City. It is about 10 minutes away from the Causeway and Johor Bahru Business District.The Resort style hotel provides 868 rooms & suites and extensive meeting and event facilities. For meetings and events, KSL Resort offers the perfect combination of first class facilities, outstanding services and a range of flexible packages. We also offers a range of wedding packages for your special day.With its convenience and comfort, you are able to enjoy numerous well-known Food & Beverage outlets, Fashion boutiques, Cineplex and Hypermarts (Tesco) all under one roof. Without compromising the location, you still can enjoy the water theme park facilities, Golf simulator experience, pool, billiard and children's amusement arcade.In the evening, all guests are invited to our Mission Bar & Grill, where you are able to enjoy a wide range of imported beers and wines. There will be Barbeque dinner and live band to lead you through the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your KSL Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.