“Quirky, comfortable hotel and quite value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bliss Boutique Hotel

You added Bliss Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Bliss Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   50 Jalan Jaya | Taman Maju Jaya, Johor Bahru 80400 , Malaysia   |
Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Sembawang, Singapore
“Quirky, comfortable hotel and quite value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

On 20th June was my dad's birthday, so mum and us (i.e. me and my sis) wanted to treat him to a short getaway. My dad doesn't believe in holidays and hotel stays (says it's a waste of money) and he only likes to go back kampung (in Malacca) if he needed a getaway. So being that this is his first hotel stay and getaway, we decided to make a little more special so after reading reviews, we decided on Bliss cuz it was within our budget, was quirky enough and they could accommodate birthday requests. I corresponded with Ms Nurain and it was quite hassle-free. Got a room with a bigger bathroom for my parents and birthday decor for the room (which consists of birthday message in rose petals and balloons). Of course, there's a price for this, about RM70ish. The hotel is very pretty and smells nice all the time (even the bedrooms). In the lobby, guests can have free flow of fruit juice and use of PCs and a massage chair. Elevator is state of the art but broke down on the day we checked out. Their wi-fi speed is great; no fussy log-in and whatnot. Staff is professionally friendly and can accommodate most requests. Hotel is near to a North Indian restaurant and Plaza Pelangi, which does not have much shopping outlets but a whole bunch of food outlets. All in all, quite a great stay!

Room Tip: If you need bigger bathrooms, email hotel in advance.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

As it was our wedding anniversary, I asked if a surprise arrangement could be made. Very promptly, Ms. Rani recommended balloons and rose petals decoration in the room, and places for romantic lunch/ dinner (Chez Papa, Grill Bar & Etc). My wife was very much surprised and happy with the arrangement which Ms. Rani and her team prepared. Thank you all very much! What I love the most was their attention to details such as once reached hotel, we were presented with a welcome drink, upon seeing how tired we are. Also, There is a cozy corner whereby we can surf internet, read magazines and even international and local newspapers while waiting to check in or to wait for our cabs to other places. This venue is very nicely situated, near to great shopping malls (KSL), food places (even up market restaurants). If you wish to travel to Johor Premium Outlets, it will cost ~RM40 and take ~40 mins to reach from the hotel. Lastly, their breakfast was amazing with a great spread, with us sitting very cozy! To Ms. Rani, We will definitely come again, Thank You once again to you and your team for great efforts!

Room Tip: Boutique room was good. Going to try Suite next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very nice design. Can choose many nice colour room ,so I choose orange as I check in wow it was clean neat most important washrooms is very clean. Comfrim I be back again bcos I know did custom always heavy jam so I can have a nice sleep before I go back .thank very much.

• Stayed June 2014
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This boutique hotel is really cutting the word " boutique" very thinly. I think the nicest looking or boutique looking like items are just in the lounge. So the first impression is good. But once you step into the rooms( Designer Queen) and paid SGD$60 for it, you will realize that its a very low rated "boutique" hotel. Some simple painting on the wall and a basic bed. Ok for me as far. Then when I pop in the bath, I see grey towels, not crisp, not white, grey and old towels I see. Then the water heater would scream when you switch it on as if telling everyone in the building that you are taking a shower. There is no shower curtain so you get a wet toilet seat which is right beside it. Seriously, no one even thought of such basic changes to the bath room when you decide to label it "boutique"? Maybe boutique does not equate to common sense.

The TV has crappy reception. Half the time my eyes are jumping with the screen. After a while, you are better off looking at your smart phone.

The only redeeming thing is the breakfast. At least someone knows what presentation is and the breakfast is a simple affair but I will give its cleanliness , simple setting for a 8/10. Coffee sucks but its ok, I can get one at the nearby Pelangi Mall.

Location wise, its great, near to mall and close to the causeway back to Singapore but beware that it is right beside some real cheap hotels that are obviously serving the red blooded crowd. So watch out when you walk around in the late evenings, you may want to stay in the room and not be mistaken as a walking sxx toy.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

the hotel is only 5 mins from the checkpoint. the room is small but beautifully designed. we got the no window room, so got totally lost track of time.
The bed was comfortable but the pillows was too soft. didnt manage to get a great sleep.
it is walking distance from Plaza Pelangi for basic shopping needs and the best Indian foodstall we've been to.

the staff wasnt as friendly but check-in was fast and easy.

Room Tip: rooms without windows are quieter as the hotel is along the road and motorbikes tend to make the mos...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Quite a late review, but when I stayed in this small and cute boutique hotel, I promised myself to write my comments about it. I just love its colourful façade and classy furniture. The staff were all smiles and the security people by the hotel door seems to know all the guests - this is a plus and a must for the area where the hotel is situated. Near the hotel are dozens of other hostels and shops. It is also near massage parlours and a mall. Convenient money changers around too.

My hubby, sister and friend enjoyed the buffet breakfast as well. Not much choices, yet the food spread was great. Common supplies and toiletries are provided.

Downside of the hotel are the lights. Only dim lights are available in the family room we stayed in. The toilet is also separate with the shower room which makes the toilet and bath difficult to use. Lack of hooks to place your towel in the bath/shower room was also observed. There is also no window in the family room given to us - such a waste.

Overall, I'd recommend this boutique hotel to my friends. It's affordable and cozy.

Room Tip: Request for a room with a window.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed in both the Designer Deluxe and Designer Boutique in our two different trips up to JB. Both trips we enjoyed our stay at the Bliss Boutique Hotel. Every room has it's own unique decor. As for the Designer Boutique, we are able to choose the room design that we would like to stay in. Staff are friendly and helpful. Walking distance to a 24 hours Indian food stalls, restaurants and Pelangi Mall. We will definitely visit Bliss Boutique Hotel again on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Bliss Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!