“Nice room but poor breakfast and housekeeping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bliss Boutique Hotel

You added Bliss Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Bliss Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   50 Jalan Jaya | Taman Maju Jaya, Johor Bahru 80400 , Malaysia   |
Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Johor Bahru
“Nice room but poor breakfast and housekeeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Would do a simple review on this :

Positive side : room are clean, air coins fast and water pressure is good. and the staff Is frIendly, and the cIgar lounge guy(Alex) Is quite interesting. Most importantly is it unique design for the hotel.

Negative side : the lounge open only at 5pm, kinda late for me, it near to a mall but it sell basic stuff. Near to a few pub but it not very entertaining. Most importantly is, the housekeeper open my door when I was in the room, while I put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door, I find this is today unacceptable, what if I am doing something private in the room? Hope the management will teach the staff the proper way of housekeeper.

Overall, it a nice place to stay, if you looking for a unique experience, or just want to find a place to have a laidback day lazing around, but if you are looking for nightlife or really shopping, this might not be the one.

I will still next back here, because of the unique room.
Keith

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel is one of a kind. So unique in every way, not only the designs of the rooms and entire hotel( which might I add are amazing! I want the name of their designer) but the service and the staff; amazing. My boyfriend was I'll and I got talking to the beautiful manager and we talked about the gold coast, Australia as that's where I'm from and she asked if there was absolutely anything they could do and I said a bath would be amazing and so they upgraded us to the penthouse, the only room with a bath. For no extra charge! And we were lost for words. The room was incredible. The most amazing room I have ever seen! I can't even begin to explain it. We got free breakfast and our special own cooked breakfast extra. Many room changes as we wanted. Dvd player ect.. I could go on forever about this hotel and it's staff. But all I can say is I'ts the only hotel I'll EVER stay at from now on in Malaysia. But you need to experience it yourself so just go there and experience pure bliss.

• Stayed July 2012
Khobar, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Was there at the hotel for 3 nights..
The room design is so unique, we also loved the staff services. The location is good where you can go shopping in a close by mall. Also, there is a free transportation for a Thai massage place called bangkok.

I recommend this hotel,

Special thanks to Nurain; the best staff in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Trencin, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Besides good location (near shopping malls, Tesco supermarket, Food stalls,...)I have to say the service is excellent! the staff from receptionists, waitress to housekeeping are very helpful, always smiling and very friendly!!

Due to our complain about the size of bed (deluxe design room, floor n. 3) we been moved for one night to suite with king size bed. This room was just amazing, you got huge TV, massage chair, bath tube, shower, 2wash basins, your own espresso machine, .... If we stay here from the beginning to the end,our stay would be perfect.

All rooms are very clean, nicely designed, well kept, with huge windows. The Breakfast were ok, for 2 nights of our stay, they served the same soup, noodles, ... so wish it would change a bit....

The negative
- deluxe room -large double bed is very small,and uncomfortable to sleep on for 2 adults. You can´t turn, get comfortable position because you have for yourself only few cm of space....

- Wifi in the room- first day working very good but the next day it started to work again at 6pm! and only one PC can be online at the same time....
- noise from outside-the windows are not sound proof
Generally nice hotel, in a good location, with great staff (mainly lady from the reception desk), but too small beds ...

Room Tip: room n. 3888 - suite- with king size bed, just AMAZING room n. 308 - deluxe design room- small doub...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel is located strategically in town center and 5 min walk to Pelangi Leisure Mall. 711 is nearby too, so is convenient to find places for meal.

We chose Designer Queen room which the only weakness is no window, other than that are more than okay. Kettle, safe box, drinking water, toothbrush, towel etc are provided. Air-cond is new, so is worry-free.

Breakfast are provided, choices of cornflakes, fried rice & noodles, nasi lemak, kuih-muih, half boil egg, toast with coffee & tea.

Car parking lot is limited but luckily we able to get one without waiting or squeezing with others.

Staff are helpful and friendly. Remember to get white card from them if you plan to visit Singapore.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I just stayed in Bliss Hotel during my 10 days holiday trip to Malaysia. It is wonderful stay in Bliss Hotel. The staff working there are helpful, friendly and always provide a prompt service with a smile. Room is clean and come with many designs. Bathroom is a little too small and aircon is strong. Breakfast is a good local spread but may not be good for western foreigners. You may want to catch a taxi to nearby shopping malls and it range about RM 5-7. Only cons for me is the faulty WIFI and the limited TV channels. Impressive for me. Though it is a budget hotel, It really comparable to a 3 star hotel service standard. Keep up the good work. I don't drive so I can't comment on the carpark and security.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The first time I stayed at this hotel was last year - since then I have stayed around 5 times and booked many times for friends passing through JB. Its at a good location in JB - not far from CIQ and not far from JB central. Right next to Plaza Pelangi. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are reasonably prices (RM 148 per night for a standard) - each room is a different theme and colour which makes the stay that little bit more unique. The price includes breakfast which has both local and western options - its not the best breakfast I've ever had but it's great for the price you pay. The rooms are very well done and comfortable. Each has its own bathroom, hot water shower, TV, DVD player on request, air con, safe, tea and coffee facilities, free mineral water and towels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through JB - it right next to Chez pa pa which is a good french restaurant and not far from Giani's which is a superb oven baked pizza restaurant. Bliss has its very own wine bar which offers good promotions. Obviously it is close to the local food centres as well and Pelangi has a Nando's and Mcdonalds for those after fast food. The hotel also has a deal with two local spa's who offer hotel guests 20% off of spa treatments. We had 3 treatments at Bangkok Spa last time we stayed and they pick you up from the hotel free of charge. Make sure you have the discount card from the hotel otherwise the spa may argue with you but ultimately we were still given the discount. 60 minute foot massage = RM 48, 1 hour Full body + 30 mins Sauna and Jacuzzi = RM 130 - Bangkok spa is open until 5am and obviously caters for "extra services" but it doesn't feel like a seedy place when you are there. We weren't offered anything "extra" and the experience was great without feeling like we were in a dodgy spa. Everyone of my friends who has stayed so far has loved the place. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for "funky" rooms and choose the suite if you would like a bath tub!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bliss Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!