“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 76 hotels in Johor Bahru
Manila, Philippines
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Check-in time was 2 pm. We arrived at 5 pm and guess what? They dont have any available room but they kept on telling us that our room wasnt ready yet. A lot of guests were also waiting. Some more than 2 hrs. They were able to give us a room after an hour & a half & said check-out time was 12 noon. We had to demand that they extend our time bec of our super late check-in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear PurpleRain1013,

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

First and foremost we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and we were disappointed to hear about the events associated with your stay. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as your feedback is crucial in our journey to optimize guest care and improving our services for all of our guests.

Rest assured that the team and I are looking into the issues you faced during your stay as I write this reply.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope that you will be able to give us another opportunity to serve you at our hotel, in the near future.

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Great service stuff with a chic designed room makes the vacation a lot more memorable. Rooms were clean and hotel is strategically located in the city center of Johor Bahru, just a street across a bustling night market which open till late night. Finding food is definitely not a problem 24 hrs throughout the day. Needless to say,traveling for day time shopping at the malls are at the click of a finger too. Enjoyed the stay so much, even extended one more night.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Ceyairs,

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru via this write up. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us not forgetting its value for money, buffet spread, locality and service.

Once again, thank you and we look forward seeing you again at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The first day, which I'm supposed to check in to room 3rd floor . But they key is malfunction which made me walk to reception twice . But it's still doesn't work . And they decided to get me another room . Ok , and it's work . And I'm ok now .

Second day , one of my reason that's I choose to live here is also because they offer the gym facilities . And I've been told it's only for club levels room but not standard room . And I'm pissed , they dint stated well in their webpage . I went to talk to the receptionist and their person in charge , they refuse to give me exceptional access to the gym . Only if I'm upgrade my room too club range room . I've told them and showed them their webpage didn't stated gym facilities is only for club range room , and even their benefits for club range room also dint state gym into it . I'm even show them their website , but I'm still couldn't get through to gym . I'm really pissed . That's one of my reason to choose citrus yeah .

I'm
Unhappy .

• Stayed January 2014
CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Blurkai,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

No car park, have to park somewhere else then walk back to hotel yourself, pay car park fee yourself. No Swimming Pool at all, doesn't seem newly renovated, breakfast not good, facing building, no view at all even paid more and stay the highest level. checkout slow... It's not a 4 star hotel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear LynesLeow,

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The rate of the hotel should be 2-3 star hotel. No housekeeping after 7pm. The lift is so small and there is no concierge service available. Basically you have to carry your own luggage to your room. The room is very small. maybe the only good thing about this hotel is that their superb location and near to a big mall

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Dissapointed1212,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The check-in time was 2pm and I was arrived at 2.15pm, the reception told me I have to wait until 2.30pm to get the room key. When I want to collect the room key there are 3 guests in-front of me but I queue for 45 mins to get the key. Why 45 mins? Because the staff is slow when they doing check-in, 2 check-in counter and 4 staff at the reception took 15mins to check-in a guest? One of the staff chewing gum while she talking to me, I understand that this is a budget hotel so I can't expect them to be a professional but at least have some manners.
The bedroom and the shower room is acceptable and I found bath towel with black marks, dirty water boiler, no tissue provided and breakfast is terrible. I paid RM230 for this standard room and this is not worth the money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear andreaChiaET,

Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

location of the hotel is excellent - just next to johor bahru city square mall which is connected to JB SENTRAL and CIQ. very accessible to public transportation.
hotel and cafe staff were very accomodating, helpful and nice.
decent hotel but affordable.
just a little improvement on the cleanliness of the walls inside the room.
overall, we had a great stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear mdv0518,

Rakesh Dhass

Been to Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru? Share your experiences!