“OK for a few nights” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hallmark Hotel

You added Grand Hallmark Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Hallmark Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Jalan Molek, 2/2 Taman Molek, Johor Bahru 81100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #53 of 82 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Manila, Philippines
“OK for a few nights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

OK for a few nights - trouble was I was there for about a month waiting for a new passport. The best thing about this place was the fact that it was actually good value for money. I stayed there in September last year and it was around 16 pounds a night ( $26 ). The worst thing about this place is that nearly all the rooms do not have any windows. That was OK for me as I was just there to write book, not so good though if you wish to see the light of day. The internet connection was well above average for Malaysia, the room was very clean, tea and coffee making facilities are provided as is an LCD TV, though the choice of channels is grossly limited with only two or three in English. (However I did manage to watch "Sherlock", the highlight of my stay in terms of a visual feast). There can be some added noise to this establishment as many young couples go there for a few hours to participate in some horizontal jogging. There is nowhere to eat inside the hotel, however there are plenty of so so places opposite and around the corner. The service was mixed depending on who was at the front desk. The hotel is a 20 minute taxi ride from the Singapore border.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back as there is a noisy club next door.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel was actually a shoplot. Yes, originally the building is a shoplot. They turned it to hotel. Overall, the cleanliness of the room is good. They have LCD Tv, Mini refrigerator, air conditioner , hot shower, safe box etc. The only problem was the location. It is located exactly between 2 pubs which I found a little bit disturbing. If you coming with a family, this is not a good place to stay. Plus, the hotel is very far from the city, legoland, JPO Hope this review help.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kuching, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel was quite old, but overall clean. The rooms were small. Had a funny smell but not very obvious. If you are a light sleeper, dont choose this hotel, because the karaoke next door will keep you up all night. If given a choice I dont think I'll come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Ipoh, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have been staying there for more than few times. What disappoints me is the quality of this hotel is deteriorating. It's no longer as good as the first time I staying there which was one week passed since its opening.

I just came back from there. The snail-speed wifi provided there really made me frustrated since I couldn't continue my work. The sound insulation was extremely bad. Moreover, my room's windows were facing the main street. Late in night, I still could hear the noises from the moving vehicles and also from the guests stayed in the next room.

The breakfast was provided but it tasted bad. The juices weren't real, they were beverage blended with some colourings. Same went to the cereals, it looked like Honey-star, Coco-crunch but the taste were way different. Food was oily and unhealthy.

Well, the hotel still able to maintain its high-graded cleanliness which was the only thing I felt pampered.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in the family room. Room is nice in size,basic amenities supplied. Good water pressure in the toilet. Aircond is not so cold. What annoys me the most during my stay is the bad sound insulation. After a long journey,I cant hardly sleep due to the loud sound from the open chinese karaoke space behind the hotel.When I ask if I could change my room the manager said the family rooms are all facing the karaoke area. She even lied to me and say that the karaoke is some "religious activity/some sort of praying" and not fun karaoke session.Are you kidding me?People are not praying by singing K-Pop songs, do they? Breakfast - They only serve cereal and diluted condensed milk, bread and jam and bland taste fried rice, all which they dont bother to top up no matter how many people are having breakfast at that time.

• Stayed July 2013
Penang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We booked into this hotel because of the offer it has with Legoland ticket. However, this hotel is totally not suitable for family with kids as both left and right side of the hotel were nightclubs with girls available. So we suspect, this hotel also cater for those who wish to have a few hours of joy. Staffs very friendly and polite, they also let us cancel one additional night booking without and payment. Unfortunately, we couldnt bare for another night after staying for a night due to the bad smell coming out from the air-con and bathroom, it was horrible. Furthermore, the bed sheet was stain with patches of yellowish color until we had to turn on and off the air-con instead of using the blanket. Other than that, we could heard loud music and bad singing from our room, it wasnt confortable at all staying here. I didnt rate this terrible, cause this hotel do cater mostly for business trip traveller which does mind the above said and their wifi is great!!

By the way, its nearer to Legoland if you stay at JB city than at taman molek.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel just because of we've got package with Legoland on one of coupon dealer.. so as for stayed just for two days one night(not exactly two days actually...) and we have to rushed out for Legoland in the morning.. For me this hotel it just nice hotel. Comfy bed, speed water jet bath but it just cramped for 4 of us (2 adult, 2 kids). My kids doesn't get running around our room.

Room Tip: You need google map to go to this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hallmark Hotel? Share your experiences!