“Very unsatisfied! ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of GoodHope Hotel Skudai-Johor Bahru

You added GoodHope Hotel Skudai-Johor Bahru to your Saves list
GoodHope Hotel Skudai-Johor Bahru
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1, Jalan Ronggeng 5 | Taman Skudai Baru, Skudai, Johor Darul Ta'zim, Johor Bahru 81300, Malaysia   |
Ranked #66 of 77 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Very unsatisfied! ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

- Bad Service
- Air cond not working properly, low power. My cousin been using ice-box as 'air cond' additional.
- Broken room's door, We have been trying 5-10min to unlock the door at each time.
- Lost 2 bags of property
- Not enough of bedroom needs (towel, soap and etc).

**Our first and last visit, for sure.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My secretary booked me this hotel for one night and that was the last time she will do so - not her fault, but a bit of research would have shown this to be the last place on earth to have me stay.

Check-in . . . not a smile to be seen nor a greeting, the staff seemed to be more interested in their make-up than in looking after guests.
Room? Yes, I got a freshly renovated one . . . that hadn't been cleaned for weeks according to the dust that was everywhere.

The TV. Yes, I remember having one like this when I was young - last century . . . and who knows what had been done to the remote control in that time.

Check-out? Miserable.

I do wonder why they used the word 'Good' in their name . . . perhaps it is the only time it was ever used in reference to this nasty, nasty place

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
crawfishetouffee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

hotel building is old but has underwent refurbished. Small car park.

Good
=====
Bed is comfortable. King size bed can fit 2 of us plus our 3-year-old child.
Neat and clean bathroom.

Bad
====
Found cockcroach - to me, this is unacceptable.
Low water pressure in bathroom. No cloth hanger in bath room. Just basic toiletries - just 2 adult towels, no hand towel.
Poor breakfast food selection. For egg station, the omelette is already pre-cookedand chef is constantly away. If you reach the place at 9.30am, you have hardly things to eat. Finished fruits are not re-filled.
Loud morning praying sound. I'm a Malaysian and have been staying in this countries for more than 30 years and I never had problem with mosque .But this time, the morning praying sound was extremly loud, I thought the loud speaker must be directly facing the room I'm staying. Disappoited with this as I asked for quiet room.

I've paid RM140 for Standard King (size bed) room. Overall I feel this is too expensive for the price that we're paying.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

the worst stay ever

at 5 star rates this hotel is horrific in all ways

the budget hotel serves better service

staff are not capable to rectify the problem

the room tv was like a plasma with cheap antenna

please reconsider stay before checking in

Room Tip: the ner refurbishment serves no purpose when service is even terible then budget hotels
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

the problem i face was there are a lot of cockroaches in the bath room and can found some in the room. Although staffs there are kind to help me spray immediately but it come out again. Then i decide to went out to buy a spray to help myself.

• Stayed December 2012
Bangi, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I am a frequent traveler, having stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years and I had read the bad reviews here before I made the booking. I thought I could tolerate, considering the good location as we have to attend our relative's function nearby the hotel

we stayed for 1 night on 11 feb 2012 with my wife, my mother and my 8 years old son..we booked for a family suite. after we step in to the room, seems like everything is okay, but half and hour later the trouble started..the air cond not working also the kettle..the internet wifi also no coverage (rm10/day)..

and after we make a complaint, they move us to another suite at 12th floor..this room is quite better than before even the toilet door cannot lock from the inside..

anyway, beds were nice and comfortable

the hotel should refurbish some items in the room for the near future...

but anyhow, i surely not come here again..

Room Tip: got another budget hotel nearby, i think they will be better..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel on an immergency basis. Price quoted was RM 150 per night with breakfast for a superior room under corporate rate. This hotel is quite old and rundown. Time has take its toll on this hotel. Carpet in room is old, bathroom shower sliding door Was broken and toilet bowl was in a very narrow place as such that a person above 70 kg of wt. can't sit on it. Hotel lobby is big but it has
no Sofa for travelers and hotel guest. I was waiting for my room to be prepare and I have to sit in business center. There is no lift from basement to the lobby . Guest have to carry his luggage for two floors from basement till lobby. This is something which needed to be improved. Wifi in hotel is not free. Even though it is not free,I can't access to Internet in my room. This hotel is about 22 km far from city center still so expensive. It should not be more than RM 100 per night.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to GoodHope Hotel Skudai-Johor Bahru? Share your experiences!