What would you expect with a room that cost merely US$15/night? For me, pretty much nothing. But hey, this property surpassed every expectation I have when it came to budget accommodations! Large comfy bad, decent size room, in room safe, powerful shower, quiet location, everything included in this amazing price tag!
Sure you can spend more and get yourself a 5-star hotel, but why? Save the money to get yourself a 5-star experience outside of the hotel!
I can't really tell you how good or bad the location really is as Johor doesn't really have a "town centre". If you drive, great! It got plenty of parking available for guests and it is totally free! If you're here for Legoland, hey, they got a shuttle bus there everyday in the morning and returning in the afternoon. Craving for food? restaurant is just around the corner!
Johor Bahru is not exactly a town known for great security, so basic precautions is always preferred. But the hotel itself is pretty safe and I wouldn't recommend leaving the hotel area after midnight anyway.
Dinning and Facilities:
The room comes with a bed and hot shower, everything else cost in a very reasonable price. A/C is RM15 for 12 hrs, it charges on a countdown meter, so 12hrs should last you for 2 days. You can pay another RM15 for TV and in room WIFI, but why? You can get a DiGi SIM card at the airport of any cellphone show for RM25, that gives you 5 days unlimited 3G connection.
Towel also cost, so bring you own. There's a 7-11 downstairs for your urgent need of just about everything that you might need.
There is also an Indian restaurant on the 1st floor of the hotel, and buffet cost 9-12RM/person.
There isn't really any service here, so I can't comment on it. Check-in staff was friendly, house keeping did their job to keep the room clean and tidy, great!
Rooms and Sleep Quality:
The rooms in this tune hotels are a lot bigger than the one in KL LCCT, it is actually quite decent in size, wouldn't feel trapped when inside the room. Bed is very comfortable and A/C is working perfectly fine.
Will I recommend it? Definitely!
1) Johor is not know for great public transit network, renting a car is probably a lot easier for you to get around. Car rental cost around RM100/day with GPS and gas is about RM 1.5/L. The hotel itself is no more than 15km drive on hwy to any tourist attraction within Johor.
2) DiGi (Cellphone service provider) offers a RM25, 5days unlimited 3G pay as you go service, and it can be purchased at the airport or any cellphone store, why pay for WIFI?
3) There is this restaurant named "Breakfast @ 7" about 5 mins walk away from the hotel. It serves huge portion Indian style breakfast at a great price, opens at 8 daily.
4) Shuttle leaves for Singapore Santosa and Legoland every morning and return at evening, book in advance through tune hotel's website or give them a call.
5) The crazy Chinese Shopping area + Chinese food district in Johor is called Sutera Tanjung, about 10km drive from the hotel.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.