“Good food and even better service” 4 of 5 stars

01 822 529
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 37 Restaurants in Blantyre
Durham, North Carolina
“Good food and even better service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My friend and I stumbled onto this place while looking for lunch in Blantyre. Although the menu was somewhat limited in terms of selection the food, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian Ethiopian, was really good. They also served typical Malawian dishes (chicken, nsima, beef, rice, etc.) but I can't vouch for those. The owner waited on us and cooked the food himself. The best part was the service though! Not only was the owner very nice and friendly, but he went and purchased Coca-cola and toilet paper after discovering they were out, just for us! After all, "the customer is king!", he said. Heh. He also came by our table to ask which of the dishes we liked best so we could have more - ON THE HOUSE. You just don't find places like this very often any more.

Oh, and I understand they do take-away too. One thing I hate is how hard it is to find restaurant numbers in Malawi for these things so I've posted them here. 01 822 529 and 01 823 415.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

La Paz, Bolivia
“Tasty Ethiopian food in Malawi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

This is a hidden gem in Blantyre. Very Tasty and HOT ethiopian food, in small restaurant at city center. The owner is a lady from Ethiopia and she cook the food herself. I liked having small talk with her.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“This restaurant is a diamond in the rough.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Such good food and tea! I went here 3xs in a week! You won't be sorry when you go.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere