TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Byblos
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A nice place overall!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a huge place and you feel secluded from what is happening outside which is excellent! Recommended for families specially. You have 4 big pools, very comfortable sunbeds +sandy beach .food is not cheap --quite expensive and service is ok but overall worth trying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
zahle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

edde sands is a very famous beach resort and it's rated one of the best in lebanon edde sands inclides 4 big pools very comfortable sunbeds wide sandy sea front many beach activities like jet sky parasailing etc but the food is not cheap and beach parties are just amazing the best in the world

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

It is almost 4am. I decided to take the time to write this review from my room at this so called "resort" -- by far the most disappointing hotel experience I have had in my life (and yes, I have stayed in budget hotels in the past in Lebanon and abroad but this is not a budget hotel). The hotel part of the resort is a 5 minute car drive from the beach (the hotel and beach are separate) so you have to get in your car and drive from one place to the other or get your jogging shoes if you are planning on coming here for a swim. There are construction works all around (those are not related to the resort, they are private residential buildings and houses... Apparently there are always parties and wedding receptions at night (they have not heard of double glazing here) so don't plan on coming unless you are happy to stay up until at least midnight or brought serious ear plugs. The beach closes early in the evening. Staff are generally unhelpful, have no problem in swearing openly and loudly in front of you and do not mind their own business. Rooms are small. The aircon in the room is impossibly loud and, despite the temperature indicator, gives you either arctic or tropical in-room climate. The only consolation in this experience has in all honesty been that the bed sheets were clean (but we are only staying here for one night). Definitely will not be coming again or recommending this place to others.

• Stayed September 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I'm writing this review to express my disappointment and my amazement about Edde hotel where we stayed last weekend.
To start with the reservation process which was terrible especially with some guy called Elie that answered me on the phone last Thursday telling me that I can't reserve on the phone because the reservation department isn't present. I wonder how in a hotel and resort, the reservation department isn't present.
2 rooms were available the junior suite and the superior junior suite. He asked me to come and pay to reserve it so I asked him to block it because I was coming fr far away which he couldn't do as well. I asked him to ale my credit card number and block it, also he refused.
I called him 10min before getting to the hotel and he confirmed that the junior suite was present so I told him please block it only for 10min and he said no worries it's present and amazingly on my arrival only the superior junior suite was present. We got mad at him and he said someone reserved it just now from the resort and he couldn't do anything then the manager says it was may be sold on booking.com.
By the way the next day, I got a call from someone in the reservation department confirming that they reserve over the phone for a limited time but the receptionist didn't know! He is not even trained on how to book a room for the guests!
We took the more expensive one expecting to get a very nice room and service but surprisingly when we got to the hotel on Saturday noon, the receptionist asked us for a 50$ deposit in case we use something from the bar! Be prepared women, they will need your identity card as well, they said it is a procedure for the Lebanese security system but I've been to other hotels in Lebanon and 5star hotels and I never gave my identity card to anyone.

Now let me tell you about the 275$ worth Junior suite room:
The tv isn't even an LCD TV, I will post some pictures for you to see.
The beds are not even a double bed, they are 2 beds with space between them so I couldn't reach my partner at night.
The room contains the cheapest material without any design! (check the photos)
To me, it was worth a 75-100$ room in a cheap motel.

As concerning the beach and pool use during your stay:
The pool closes at 7:30pm because they start cleaning it at 8pm as they stuff told us.
You are not allowed to sit on the sands because the security people are afraid that someone goes into the sea: I have never been to a resort in the world where you are forbidden to walk or sit on the beach.
The beach party that starts in the beach bar at 11pm is very terrible, the music is very loud and the drinks are terrible. I asked a lon Marguerita that didn't taste like it.

At the end, I don't advise you to stay in This terrible hotel because it's not worth the money and the stuff are under trained.

Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Overpriced, yet still horribly cheap feeling. Sleazy, with rude personnel. Dozens of cats around our room, & they succeeded into ruining our dinner & stay. This is the perfect Lebanese tourist trap, with all attention to extortion of money, & zero attention to customer's needs, or quality of service. In this horribly overpriced & expensive hotel, the waiter at the breakfast table told us "you are entitled to one egg, & one egg only, each..." (authentic). The Labneh was sour. You figure out the rest of the unbelievably poor breakfast. All presented with disdain by annoyed personnel.

Regarding the pool & swimming amenities, we were literally jumped at, as to forbid us to use "this & that", "VIP (!!!) pool or jacuzzi", etc...Hotel attendants were acting with aggressive - if not downright rude - manners.

To top it off, we had our night of sleep ruined by the mandatory wedding (almost a daily fixture at this place), ongoing through the wee-wee hours of the morning, with the Dabké dances & screams.

A very bad memory, in a very bad (& tasteless), zero-star resort.

Room Tip: Beware of the roaming (& starving) cats!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Celebrating our 7th anniversary in a so called "deluxe boutique room" was anything but celebratory. Starting with the hefty $380 price tag for a room no bigger than an average small size room at a 3 star hotel in Dubai, no toilet doors and a constant smell of damp sewage throughout, it was utterly disappointing. Add to that the wedding party music that kept us up till 3 am, a mixture of french 80s pop and ABBA, followed by the hammering and commotion of the stage dismantling, and it's starting to look like the anniversary from hell. The worse part was that despite our thorough complaints, the manager did not even try in any way to make up for any of the hotel's shortcomings. On the contrary, she seemed quite defiant. What really struck us was the lack of attention to detail when it came to the hygiene and cleanliness of the seating area around the pool. We found abandoned cotton buds, garbage and food under the sunbeds and coffee tables and that's not acceptable when you are paying such a hefty fee at a time when Lebanon is in crises and hotels should be doing their utmost to attract guests from oversees. As for the party going atmosphere they'd like you to think they have, well what can I say it's an attempt to be like "Nikki Beach" without the "Nikki".

Room Tip: Chose a room at the Albergo, Palm Beach or any other hotel for that matter, for half the price and a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We came the first day at hotel . We had choosed two connectings room because we were a family of 5 members . The design of the room is so simple and beautiful ! But the problem was with the bathroom ! When we had took our shower the water was laying on the floor from the sewer :/ ! So we have to cleen the bathroom after the shower !
The service was excellent ! Very cute stuff for everything : in the hotel near the pool the weitrer/ess ...
The wave in the beach were so strong ! And the beach wasn't cleen at all ! So we prefer to swin in the pool were ut was excellent !
In the morning the breakfast was delicious ! A mixed of lebanese breakfast !
By the way it is near to Jbeil shops and there is many restaurant next to the Hotel as Linas Keïf Dunkin Donuts ....

• Stayed August 2012

Been to EddeSands Hotel & Wellness Resort? Share your experiences!