We have just returned from a lovely 1 week stay at Dream Of Africa.
We found the staff to be very kind and always willing to help. We came with our 13 month old son and were made to feel most welcome. All the guests were very sweet and patient with our little boy especially the Italian ones so I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to those with very young children. There are no kids clubs etc though – not that kind of hotel – and NO babysitting for under 3s (despite what the website/tour operators say)
We were provided with a full size wooden cot (take your own bedding) which is better than the usual travel cot provided in European hotels (even 5* ones!).
The hotel did provide a high chair but the opening mechanism proved to be somewhat dangerous for younger babies (trapped fingers) so I would suggest bringing a booster seat or just using your pushchair.
The room was lovely and a good size with modern furnishings and a flat screen TV with a few DSTV channels and KBC (local channel). The mini bar was always full with sodas and beer on request. Cocktails are brought to the room every evening before dinner which I thought was a nice touch.
The bathroom was again a good size with Jacuzzi bath (old and needs replacing), double shower cubicle and separate toilet. The grouting in the bathroom is beginning to look a bit grotty and needs replacing/steam cleaning to bring it back to standard. Complimentary toiletries were ok but nothing to write home about!
We were mostly impressed with the food, which is geared up for the (mainly) Italian guests. Breakfast is a buffet style with cooked a la carte choices. Lunch and dinner are both a la carte with a salad buffet to begin with and a delicious dessert buffet to end.
There is a large swimming pool and pool bar and a fully attended private beach. The beach is plagued by beach boys who were quite annoying but this is unavoidable. If you do not want them to bother you don’t engage them at all and stay off the public beach!
If you care about that sort of thing, the Kenyan Prime Minister has recently stayed at this hotel for a few days so it must be good ;)
All in all we had a lovely week at this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it to friends and family, however, I would not rate it as 5*, more like a good 4* hotel thanks to the wonderful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Fastbooking, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya