We have been having a lovely time at Dreams of Africa where the universally attentive and charming service has been a delight and really making our stay a pleasure . The hotel is very tasteful on all levels, with an understated but sophisticated decor - our room had a canopied bed, is very spacious and quietly luxurious. There is room internet access with a cable, and wireless in the lobby and bar area so many opportunities to keep in touch with base. The food in the restaurant has an italian edge to it which we enjoy (plenty of very good pasta) and is uniformly delicious and beautifully presented, with more than we can eat to be honest. I am at a loss to understand any reviews with complaints about it - particularly portions! Breakfast has lots to choose from whilst lunch and dinner has a choice of food over 5 courses so there is no going hungry and the chef manages a very varied and tasty menu which changes daily and includes plenty of lovely local fish. We are enjoying it too much if anything and once the wine and cocktails have been factored in we're in danger of being rolled onto the plane when we leave!
The hotel is quiet and peaceful which is what we like, though we have access to the facilities and entertainment of the more boistrous place next door so activities and organised entertainment are 2 minutes walk away should you want them. I would agree with the comments about the beach boys and they are annoying but this seems to be a local issue and out of the hotel's control, and we are doing our best to ignore them. Otherwise I cannot recommend this place too highly and it is the perfect spot to unwind after a hot and dry safari (which was amazing) to be pampered and spoilt in sight of the palm trees swaying in the breeze of the indian ocean. Bliss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking and Jetsetter so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya