“Another Perfect Dream” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Diamonds Dream of Africa

Save Saved
You added Diamonds Dream of Africa to your Saves list
Diamonds Dream of Africa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Casuarina Road | P.O. Box 68, Malindi, Kenya   |
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Malindi
Hull, England
“Another Perfect Dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We have just spent another amazing two weeks in this idyllic hotel. We are just drawn back time and time again. To some this may seem boring - but why look elsewhere and risk disappointment having found this dream in Malindi. The hotel is immaculate, and nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are a credit, and will be sure to make anyone's holiday one to be remembered with fondest memories. The food is of an exceptional quality, and you can sit in the open air restaurant looking out on to the Indian Ocean. The hotel sits in a beautiful garden setting. If you are looking for a small quality hotel which offers peace and tranquility then this is the place to be. If you are looking for a big game fishing experience then this is the place to be. If you want to be pampered in the spa then this is the place to be.

This is a magical place where the dream never ends.

Room Tip: We always stay in the same room on the ground floor which is very private but all the rooms are to t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Having just returned from the most fantastic three weeks in this wonderful hotel its hard to add anything further that hasnt already been written. Your every need is met, the staff could not be more friendly and helpful and are all determined you will enjoy every minute of your stay. Its impossible to list them all but they know who they are and how much we appreciated them.
We organised our own safari with Hotsun safaris in Malindi and our guide, Galgare, made sure we saw the Big 5 and many more during our stay in Tsavo east and west. We would recommend them to anyone.
If you want the perfect relaxing break, be made to feel very special by everyone, you must visit to find out for yourself - the Dream of Africa does exist!
Linda and Steve, Suffolk, UK

Room Tip: We had a suite on the ground floor and had wonderful birds in our garden
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

The best feeling is when sweet dream comes to the real!

I went back to Dream of Africa again. It’s really amazing place where you always want to be back again and again. This time I did personal tailor made journey to the Africa by me. All I did ask from tour operator – bookings because of iata. My choice was the same hotel in Malindi town – Dream of Africa. Amazing feeling when you are flying to this continent again, when you are looking forward to see all your friends, those happy faces and warm welcoming. All they did a lot to make me feel like at home and I do feel that this is my home in Kenya.
At first, I did improve myself since June 2011 when I went to Dream of Africa for the first time. I do remember all names.

Very special thank I must to tell to the people who did a great job to make that place as dream of Africa!

Ms. Amalia Rosso and Mr. Franco Rosso
Ms. Daniela Bassoli Fontana and Mr. Bruno Fontana

And now I’m saying thank you very much for all big family of Dream of Africa!

Dolla , Vincent, Moses, Constance, Denaice, Joseph, Daniel, Mary, Evelyn, Ernest, Raphael, Timothy, Cristine, Alise, Edward, Hosea, Peter, Kachacha, Anna from Spa, the best chefs Lorence and Charo!, thank you Winston, Lucy, Lilian, Naomi, Elvis, Christopher!
About holidays: my first time was in June 2011, now I went in the middle of September 2011. For me September was better than June. Just because of other attractions around (water sports, diving, snorkelling and etc.).
The hotel stills the same very quiet and luxury!
That place always surprising me with something very special; warm welcoming from the management of the hotel as amazing South African wine, tropical fruits on arrival; personal attention from everyone in the hotel and all they do remember my name – that is fantastic!
Amazing food, I got some specials from the chef few times per stay. This time chef was Lorence! Very profession as everyone in Dream of Africa!

All the team of Dream of Africa do all the best to make you feel like at home! Thank you very much for that!

I’ll be back soon as want my dreams comes true again and again!

Room Tip: 103 one of the best one
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We spent ten days at this very warm, friendly and welcoming hotel. We were thoroughly spoilt with delicious food and fabulous service. There is a very relaxed atmosphere and nothing was too much trouble. All the staff that we met at The Dream of Africa were brilliant, Constance, Ernest, Raphael, Jacquiline, Moses, Newton, Peter, Richard, Elvis, Kambi and especially Edward. Each morning after breakfast, Edward would welcome us to his "office" where everything including the sand was perfect! His approach to everything he was responsible for was thoroughly professional and derserves our special mention. Indeed the level of professionalism amongst all the staff was valued and appreciated. Thank you Dream of Africa, we had a wonderful time and will certainly return in the future,

Room Tip: We had two junior suites at the back of the hotel that were very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have been travelling around the world and staying in 5 stars hotels everywhere. Now it was a turn of Dream of Africa. So I would like to say you that it really deserves a titel of "Luxury Small Hotels of the World". Our room had everything what we needed. African style, spacious, bathroom with all facilities, internet and very good bed. We had twice per day exellent room service. The laundry service price was ridiculously low and the quality of washed clothes was very good. Restaurant was just FANTASTIC! Great choice of outstanding meals. Every day during 2 weeks we could try something new. Quality of the wine was also very good. If you are coffeelover just order expresso or cappuccino from the bar. Then Spa. We could enjoy Spa treatments almost every day, because of an astonishing price/quality relationship. And now the most important. The STAFF. I felt myself like a queen! They are just the most professional, polite and friendly people I have ever met. Hosea, Vincent, Agnes, Denise, Timothy and many, many others - BRAVO! Thank you very much all of you! You are all unforgettable people! Dream of Africa has just the best staff ever. Asante Sana! I hope you will only have polite and appreciative clients.
We have ordered our safari from Belgium. I highly recommend you African Concept Safaris, because we had a superb safari in Tsavo East and Tsavo West only because of very professional Ozi and his fantastic driver, who knew everything about animals, birds and history. We have seen much more then Big 5 and we will never forget this wonderful safari. Asante Sana!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I'm one of demanding clients, but this time I have something very nice to tell you :)
It was the first time in Kenya and what is more important – it was the first holidays with NO disappointments. Finally I found that it’s not a Dream of Africa, it was real GEM of Africa!
Just about 15 min drive from Malindi airport and you are at the gate of Dream. Amazing place with lots of green and flowers, ocean breeze and a lot of sun! Welcome was warm too :) That was a good start.
I must to say Thank you very much for Dolla, he did the best introduction with the hotel which was very helpful during our stay. And i should thank him very much for all he did for us, because that made us really happy.
Room – Junior Suite – spacious, roofed terrace, bathroom and room facilities are just perfect. Full room service has been done every day (twice per day). Perfect furnished public area. African style furniture and atmosphere. High class and quality is everywhere in Dream of Africa. Restaurant - with amazing choice of delicious meals. In two weeks, every day, for lunch and dinner we had a new special from the Chef :) Chef is amazing! One day I got extra special (beef steak) instead of in menu listed chicken :) it was done special for me, so try to imagine, how friendly these people are! About team – I’M VERY SORRY ABOUT NAMES, CAN'T REMEMBER ALL OF THEM, BUT I REALLY SHOULD! Dolla, Vincent, Daniel and many others makes you happy, asante sana to them! Great people, very much professional, very friendly and caring. They never says NO! They always saying Hakuna Matata :) So please, when you'll be there, don't forget to say to them ASANTE SANA! And don’t forget to pamper yourself at SPA with hot stone massage! It was perfectly done to me and my friend. Try amazing A la Carte, with wide range of seafood; you will see how Dolla will surprise you :)
Our verdict – Dream of Africa is a right place for relaxing, beach, SPA and watersport holidays!
ASANTE SANA DREAM OF AFRICA ! See you again later 2011 !

Room Tip: Junior Suite is real 5*
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

The hotel is about 2.5hrs drive from Mombasa Airport. The rooms are very spacious. The double bed is quite big and a mosquito net is provided. The minibar (with soft drinks) is refilled twice a day. Food is excellent. For lunch you choose from the menu (soup, pasta, main course) plus salad and dessert buffet. For dinner it is either menu or buffet. Fish was always on offer but you can always get meat or vegetables. Apart from European dishes they also offer African dishes (for dinner). The meals are served on a terrace overlooking the pool and the beach. The pool is not very big (it is a small hotel) and there was just one sunshade. Only a few steps away from the pool is the private "beach". There are enough palm-trees for shade. The private "beach" is separated by a wall from the public beach (this means you look down from a sort of plateau to the beach). Most of the time beachboys offer you wooden giraffes or other souvenirs. We found that rather annoying in the beginning. We told them that we would only buy on the market (which we did - there is a small market just 200m left to the hotel) and this helped a lot. The bay is about 2,5km long and surprisingly clean (apart from some seaweed). It was quite good for jogging (low tide). You can go snorkelling during high tide but you won't see much apart from seagrass. For snorkelling it's probably better to book the tour to the Marine Park. We found it a bit too expensive (25-30). The hotel staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the atmosphere since it is very relaxed (hakuna matata). However, bring something nice for dinner (dress code smart casual) . We would definitely recommend this hotel for a couple of days to relax on the beach.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Diamonds Dream of Africa? Share your experiences!