“An Eclectic Malindi Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Golf & Country Club, Beach Road, Malindi 80200, Kenya   |
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Malindi
Nairobi, Kenya
“An Eclectic Malindi Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Malindi came alive courtesy of the Ocean Beach Resort. From the staff's hospitality to the resort's facilities to the unwavering desire to provide a luxurious experience one may best sum this resort as a truly eclectic haven.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at ocean beach resort for 5 days for our honeymoon and the stay was heaven!!From the luxurious rooms to the beautiful grounds,breath taking beach,finger licking food specifically designed by the chef to meet our specifications not to mention the friendly staff.

This is one hotel that befits the 5 star acclamation.We landed at the airport to find a very friendly driver (Kim) who drove us to the hotel where we were given a befitting welcome at reception...after which we were shown to our rooms and after relaxing a bit a couples relaxing massage awaited us.I thought i had had enough for day 1 only to be told there would be a free candle lit seven course dinner that evening that my hubby and I really enjoyed,The rest of the days were packed with activities eg horse riding,city tour etc.

I'm now back to work in nairobi and i cant help missing the beach,the pool,the food,the jacuzzi,the breeze,the night walks on the beautiful well manicured romantiacally lit lawns and the people!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My Wife and I had the pleasure of being Whisked away for our 5 Day honeymoon. Our traditional Wedding and Western style reception were held in Nairobi Kenya on September 21. The five star experience began at the Airport where we were greeted by a private driver. We arrived to the Resort where we were greeted by the general manager and a welcome Drink! Hats off to the General Manager and the entire hotel staff. They made our stay very accommodating from the Chef preparing a special menu to the waiter Recommending breakfast options .The grounds were absolutely breath taking .My one concern I visited during the " low season" Keep in mind I traveled 9,000 miles 84 degree weather and sun where I come from is perfect weather !! A very relaxing Romantic experience from start to finish

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel in Malindi, and it was heavenly. The pictures in the website do not even do justice to the place, everything from the massive and luxurious rooms to the wonderful wonderful wonderful staff from the manager Harvey to the proprietor who were present and the lovely ladies at the reception to the chef who was very generous with the burger portions :-) i had a lovely time. the rooms are super...with a mini jacuzzi to boost.
the property is right at the beach and one of the gems is walking along the beach for a kilometre or so to an old relic on the beach..works wonders for your appetite. I loved the place, i did not have one single complaint all i have is praises for the hotel and the staff. most definately taking my family there for a weekend getaway very soon.

my advise is if you are planning to go there, take a local flight direct to Malindi airport rather than flying to Mombasa and using up an additional 3 hour drive to malindi

Room Tip: all the rooms are huge, luxurious and lovely to sleep in.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Matawan, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I wanted an exotic getaway while visiting my home country in July 2012. Ocean beach resort seemed like an upscale relaxing resort, just what I was seeking! My family and I decided to go here to relax and also to celebrate my birthday. Upon arrival the atmosphere was breathtaking. The employees were more than welcoming and friendly. We had fruit platters waiting for us in our rooms. Oh did I forget to mention that, since it was my bday we got a free room upgrade! I also got a complementary bouquet of red and white roses and a cake! The best bday I have ever had. Facial and mani/pedi at the morjana spa was great. Oh and the meals..3 course meals I tell ya. Italian food is my fave and this place had it all :) This is def the place to go whether its for special occasion, holiday getaway, or just to spoil and pamper yourself. Thanks all at Ocean Beach Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Was there with my husband for 3 nights, and must say its Malindi's best kept secret!!
Unlike most hotels with block of rooms, ocean beach resort and spa are cozy cottages with splendid decor, jacuzzi and space... attention to detail.
From the warm welcome smiles at the reception-Mary with such great peoples skills- to the house keeping crew, its like living with family. Thank you Mary for our Malindi tour trip and horse ridding at the beach...Amazing!!
Personalized menus hats off Chef Luka for the tantalizing sea food dinner can still taste months later..he just kept them coming tasty to the last drop!!
It was worth every single cent spent, the spa experience just topped it all up to the relaxing mode.
Lastly a special thanks to the General Manager Mr. Harvey.. we shall definitely come back with our family and friends, it was so relaxing and peaceful.. We Loved it and shall be back..
Its a place once you enter, you dont wanna leave too soon...

Room Tip: Rooms near the ocean...lovely sun set and sun rise as you sleep away to the sound of the ocean breez...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Varsavia, Warszawa, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Sometimes, very rarely, you end up in a place where literally everything is perfect.
You most definitely are surprised when this happens in Africa.
The SPA is incredible, the food would be gourmet in Milan, the rooms are gorgeous.
One experience not to forget, This is my second time here and surely not the last.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ocean Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!