“Excellent Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 28 Malindi B&B and Inns
Nairobi
“Excellent Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to say what a great holiday my family and I had at Joysvilla Guest House in Malindi. This was our first visit to Malindi and we did not know to expect. We checked in at Joysvilla on 23rd December, and the manager/owner really looked after us. We stayed in room 101, and my daughter of 3 years felt right at home with the numerous toys she found at the Guesthouse. We stayed in Joysvilla for 4 nights and 5 days, I only wish we could have extended our holiday fir longer.
Joysvilla Guest house is clean, well maintained and not to mention the nice breakfast from their kitchen. Secure parking for our car as well as the pool. We got everything the manager, Joyce is her name, promised. The pricing is great as well, you just cant believe it.
If ever you are planning a stay in Malindi, Joysvilla Guesthouse is the place. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Not far from the airport so I wish they could organize transport for those arriving by this means. Breakfast could be a bit more variety filled especially since it s the only meal they provide. The dstv channels could be improved and the TV in my room did not work the whole time I was there.
My son enjoyed the swimming and the pool was excellent but on my last evening I was really looking forward to a swim at 5pm and found the pool had been treated. It was a huge disappointment. Please could they treat their pool at night when guests are asleep? I later on found a hotel with better rates and rooms. Could rates be reduced?

Room Tip: i had a corner room and it was spacious and airy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My family and I spent 4 days at Joys Villa Guest House and our expectations were exceeded by far! The Manager, staff, ambience, security, meals, very clean swimming pool, access to Indian Ocean beaches, transport system are owesome. Miss no opportunity to be hosted at Joys Villa Guest House Malindi.

Room Tip: All rooms are well done in Zebra and Leopars colours!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

When i stayed at Joysvilla i felt at home. It is cozy, welcoming and secure. The Manager, Joyce, and her staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are clean and spacious. I recommend Joysvilla to both business and leisure travelers.

Room Tip: Rooms on Ground floor are cooler.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I travel to Malindi once a year on business and decided to try this new place. I really enjoyed my stay. The price is very hard to beat. The guesthouse grounds snd common areas are beautiful. The rooms are warm but have celing fans. Great shower with no water problems in bathroom, great pool and good breakfast. Joy is very pleasant as well as the other staff. The man who opens the gate was slow at night. Clean room and comfortable beds await you. Soap and towels provided but no shampoo or washcloths for my American friends. Quiet place with plenty of space for small meetings and working with laptop. Internet is slow but it works. Ill be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Valledupar, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed there for one night but it was enough to say it is a very nice place. All the staff are very friendly. The rooms are awesome! We had booked a room for 3 but as we met friends on the way we turned out to be 5 and the just put extra beds without any problem. The swimming pool is nice and they serve good breakfast. I just wish they had more touristic information available in the front desk because they didn't seem to know most of the things we asked.

• Stayed September 2013
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The good
Right in the heart of Malindi town 3 minutes from the main road. Nice mature garden. Pool. Spacious rooms. Late night checkin. Homely. Very budget friendly. Generally good for the value....

Improvement areas
The road leading to the house swampy and totally confusing.
The showers had no adequate pressure especially mornings. Mattresses not comfortable at all. They need water glasses in the rooms. Not sound proof you can hear 3 rooms away....breakfast can be better even if at an extra cost. Generally good value for money!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Joysvilla Guesthouse? Share your experiences!