“The worst airport hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aksunkar Airport Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Almaty
Aksunkar Airport Hotel
You added Aksunkar Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Zakarpatskaya st., 1B (Mailina St., 2/3), Almaty 050039, Kazakhstan   |
Ranked #56 of 65 Hotels in Almaty
Cairo, Egypt
“The worst airport hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My friends had brieffed me about this hotel as basic accomodation, nothing fancy, don't expect like the other airport hotel.
But I still shocked when I had to stay in this hotel - simply terrible, practicaly no service.
The room is dirty and smelly. The standard room does not have bathroom, only washbasin - I suspect people use it to pee.
I don't believe there's a hotel like this in the international airport of the biggest city of the country.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had a 20 hour layover in Almaty at the end of a long business trip so I thought I would just take a room at the Aksunkar Hotel at the airport and rest up before my flights back to N America. Big mistake!

The first challenge was trying to find the hotel at 2am when my flight arrived. There was no signage at the terminal for the hotel, little lighting outside and no lit signage on the outside of the hotel. A "helpful" cab driver tried to convince me that it was a 20 minute walk to the hotel (it's not - it is right next to the terminal) and no one wanted to point me in the right direction.

Once I found the hotel lobby, the front desk attendant did not speak any English so it was a bit of a wait to get a room despite the fact that I had made a reservation. I finally got to my room to find there was little heat and no hot water (in February when the temperature was hovering around -25C), the room was run down with bare patches in the flooring, small holes and black stains on the bathroom walls, and the telephone, tv and fridge did not work. There was a dingy, yellowed pillow case on the small pillow provided and and old, threadbare towel in the bathroom. To top it all off, the door to the room would not lock securely.

I went down to the lobby to ask for a different room but the attendant did not understand my request and could not help me. I thought about leaving and heading into town to look for another room but it was past 3 am at this point and all the taxis had left the terminal. I gave up and ended up spending a cold, miserable, sleepless night in the room.

Although Almaty hotels tend to be quite pricey, I certainly thought for $100 USD/night that I would at least have heat and hot water in my room! So my recommendation would be, steer clear of this hotel and make the trip to a hotel in the city - even if you have a short layover!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Aksunkar Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!