“Simple, quiet and good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Almaty
Balashikha, Russia
“Simple, quiet and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Well I must admit its not Rixos, but the its a good choice for biz tirps in my opinion. Staff is very open and polite. Rooms are so so. Not excellent, but it depends to what to compare with. I like the location. It's near to center, it's even possible to walk to main streets and locations. Due to Almaty traffic it is a big plus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty for your stays and leaving comments about your experience. I am glad that you found our hotel convenient for your business trips and enjoyed the service and hotel location. We value your feedback and I would appreciate it if you could send me more details about the rooms at alakz.gm@ihg.com .

Hoping to see you again.

Season’s greetings,

Acting General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed here for a 5 nights and found it very nice and comfortable. There're several minuses of course such as not properly working a/c ( but I didn't care about it in the end of November and even forgot to inform reception) but it was ok in general. The main advantage is the location - just 5 minutes walk from the central street and main sightseings and at the same time situated in a quite small street. They have a brilliant open area with the view to the mountains which is probably acting as a bar in summer time but not that time. In general - not bad.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Nik,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty. We appreciate that you took the time to review your stay in November. I am glad that you overall enjoyed your experience with us and that you found the location to be very convenient. Happy to hear that you liked the outdoor area on the second floor. It is our cosy outdoor terrace which is open in summer and offers a special menu. Hope you will have a chance to experience it during one of your future visits.

I apologize for the air conditioning issues, mid October – November is the heating transition period and we strive to adjust the temperatures as per our guests’ needs. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Season’s greetings,

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I'm a businessman I've been traveling a lot, About a month ago, I was in Almaty due my business trip.
Firstly I ordered a transfer from airport to the hotel, I was waiting for the taxi for 20 minutes, the taxi driver didn't explain to me why he was late as he didn't speak English at all! When we came to the hotel, at the reception was too much people and only 2 receptionist. The girl at the reception wasn't welcoming me, didn't even ask how was my flight, wheter I had a problem with taxi, when I was explaining her about the taxi that he was late, she didn't understang me at all, her English was so poor, she just looked at me and thats it! I was surprised as I thought if Holiday Inn is International Brand why the receptionist don't speak good English. At the reception was only 2 person, and both of them didn't speak English properly, okey, then I asked to speak with Manager, but the girl said that Manager is not at his place, I said I can wait, I was waiting for the Manager about 15 minutes, I was too tired...
Front Office Manager, was apologizing for the transfer and I asked why the receptionist doesn't speak good English, he was a little bit nervouis and didn't say anything. Okey, then I asked him to give me non smoking room, he was looking for the room for very long time like 20 minutes, I was really tired and wanted just sleep, finally he gave me a key...
I came to my room which was actually smoking room, there were a smell which was so terrible, I called from the room to the reception, then they connected me with Manager, he was again apologizing, and that it was a mistake of the receprionist, but actually he was giving me the key, when I said it to him, he asked me which room I'm calling from, then he said if I can come down, he will change my room... That sooo awful! I was very angry, I came down in 15 minutes, because I really wanted to lay donw for a while, when I came down the Manager was out of his workplace, again I was waiting for him for about 10 minutes, he said sorry, he had a meeting, he started to look for non smoking room, again for too long! I was very apset! He gave the key of non smoking room, he didn't even asked me if I'm tired or if I want to drink, he was not paying attention to other people and guests, who was asking him important questions, I was really disapointed about Front Office Manager! I asked him if he knows where I can eat traditional Kazakh food, and what king of food he would suggest.He was thinking for long time, then he asked the girl at at the reception whether she knows, she told me one restaurant at the city center, but it was so bad that Front Office Mnager doesn't know anything about Kazakh food...
As I'm Manager as well, and I looked how he was acting and talking, I was very disapointed about him, he is very terrible Manager! Not profeissonal at all! I wanted to say it to General Manager, but I decided not to do it, as I was staying at Holiday Inn Almaty just 3 days, I used to travel a lot, and I've been to other IHG hotels, but this experience was so bad, that I decided never come back to this hotel! I never suggest anyone to got there... Very very very poor service! Will never come back!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Kevin,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Almaty and leaving feedback about your stay. It is very regretful that we failed to offer you the top-notch services. It is very sad to read how upset you were and I wish we could talk and improve the situation while you were here, therefore we do deeply apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

We take these issues very seriously and would like to assure that we will take all necessary actions to ensure that this does not happen again in the future.

I understand your feelings, and please kindly send me an email at alakz.gm@ihg.com as I wish to clarify a few points and follow up on the various points you mentioned. I hope you will give us another chance and we will have the honour of serving you again.

With sincere apologies,

Ramat HaSharon, Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is a 3 star hotel in western standards.
Entrance, lobby and hallways are dated.
Rooms at the front are very noisy with constant traffic noise during the night (no sound proof glass).
Some of the rooms smell from smoking (I had to change my room).
Breakfast is decent but you have limited selection.
Staff is nice and attentive.
Prices are quite high so the overall value for money is average.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite to the Main Street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your comments. We value your feedback and it is a pleasure to read your appreciation of the service. It is sad to know that you were disturbed by the noise outside and smell in the room. Can you please email me at alakz.gm@ihg.com the information what room you were staying in so that we can check the room? Be kindly advised that our hotel currently has 7.5 floors of non-smoking rooms and 1.5 floors of smoking rooms. If you send your details, we will be happy to review the room designation for your future stays.

Please be assured that Holiday Inn Almaty is an IHG managed property and all the brand standards are followed. Hope we will have the honor of welcoming you back at our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay during your business trips in Almaty. The hotel has business orientated service and staff.

The hotel has a good location, the room are clean, at Holiday Inn level and clients here are mostly business people.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Stephane,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Almaty and leaving a review about your experience. I am happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and found our hotel convenient for your needs. We will be looking forward to seeing you again.

South West
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I wrote a bad review about this place a year ago after finding hair in my bath tub in a $200 a night room. A year later, they have charged $200 on my card! I have had to dispute the charge and get a new card.

Stay away. There are plenty of excellent hotels in Almaty at every price point. There is no reason to give your card details to anyone like this.

Room Tip: Watch out! I had a fraudulent charge on my card here a year after I stayed in this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty and leaving a review. Your feedback is very important to us. It is very regretful to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with the credit card charges. Can you kindly send me more details at alakz.gm@ihg.com so that we can check the records and follow up on this with you. I also sent you a message via tripadvisor.

Hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Sincerely and with genuine apologies,
shanghai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

the location is conveninet on one of the main road in Almaty.
Decoration goood, clean .
The breakfasst buffet is very good.
Two only down points: if you need a taxi you should pay a minimum of 1200 T just go go around the corner.
The price is astronomical. About 200 US$ a night. Here in ALmaty the price of hotels is unreasonable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a review about your stay at Holiday Inn Almaty. I am happy to know that you found the location convenient for your needs and appreciated the cleanliness and breakfast. I understand your concern about the taxi charges. We use the services of a reliable taxi services partner to ensure safety of our guests. Please rest assured that we try to offer competitive room rates for our guests.

Hope to welcome you again should you travel back to Almaty.

Acting General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Almaty? Share your experiences!