“Romantic Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cove Place

You added Cove Place to your Saves list
Cove Place
15 Bay Avenue, Aquebogue, Riverhead, NY 11931 (Formerly Dreamer's Cove Inn & Spa)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Aquebogue B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Romantic Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted a weekend out East to go pumpkin picking, visit wineries, and just have a night away. Cove Place was perfectly priced and better than I expected. We opened the door to a nautical room that was spotless and looked exactly as pictured. Next, we were so excited to see the big doors that opened up to the water and to our left, we could lay out if it wasn't chilly. The room was exactly as pictured, the bathroom was pleasantly spacious, and we enjoyed our night away. We will definitely be staying there again for a budget friendly weekend!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

This is not a huge resort or large mainstream hotel. What you get when you stay at Cove Place is quaint, cute, sweet, lovely, quiet, peaceful, romantic. My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our friends wedding and we loved this hotel. The Inn is located directly on the bay and the beach. There is not a lot to do around the area, but the bay is at your disposal. The rooms are clean and airy and lovely. The whole place is very cute. My husband and I would love to go back during the summer!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Manhasset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

This past summer, we stayed at Cove Place. We were referred by guest services at their sister hotel The Harborfront Inn in Greenport. We'd been hoping to stay on Shelter Island but my husband, a notorious last minute vacationer, waited until the last minute to make reservations and everything was sold out. The Harborfront had no availibility but offered Cove Place instead suggesting that it was beachfront. What an amazing place! As a family of four, we needed at least a double room, which they had and the private beach was everything they said! A beautiful garden awaited just outside our patio and the cozy seating areas just off our patio were great for sitting, reading in taking in either the beauty of the Peconic Bay or the canalside of the property. For the price, it was a steal! We also checked out their suites and have decided they were a must for a return week there. Not as close to Shelter Island as we'd hoped but near the vineyards which made for a change. Once we had the beach, we had a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
long island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights of the end of the holiday weekend. Eastern LI very quiet and this beautiful hotel as well. The room, views, amenities and staff were wonderful. The ladies in housekeeping I can't say enough how clean everything was. We even moved to a beach suite the second night and that 2 room view, patio, huge windows overlooking the bay was breathtaking even more if possible. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. We relaxed, swam and just enjoyed another fantastic part of Long Island. Thank you Cove Inn!

Room Tip: spend the extra $$$ if you can for a beach suite!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

As an international traveller, I have stayed in many hotels, B&Bs etc. In addition to the quaint setting and well appointed rooms and facilities, the picturesque location of Cove Place Inn has to be seen to be believed. As my friend and I settled in to watch the fall sunset, we had no idea what was about to unfold. The skies left me speechless with their shades of orange. pink, purple and red hues. Be sure to allow time to experience this little piece of heaven on earth next time you're in the Riverhead area.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Some of the reviews for The Cove Place were not favorable. I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the setting was. Our room looked onto the private beach area with a little balcony and 2 chairs. Loungers are provided on the beach and in the room there are 2 sand chairs and towel for your use. The room was clean and very bright and cheery. The bathrooms are a bit dated but clean so no problem there. We were able to check in a little bit earlier than 4 and enjoyed our stay. Next time were are on Long Island we would definitely stay here again. Parking is limited and sometimes your numbered space is taken; however, the employee there quickly resolved that problem. All in all a wonderful stay, great location and clean hotel with gorgeous views.

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the beach have the nicest views; however, all rooms seem to have a nice balcony...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Niskayuna, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family had a very pleasant stay at Cove Place Inn. Our room was clean, spacious and stylish. There was a nice porch with a bistro table and chairs which is connected to all the other rooms. The private beach on the bay was very nice. The water was warm and we enjoyed spending time there. It was very relaxing and we enjoyed meeting the other friendly guests. This is a small place so at times we had the beach to ourselves. On our last day there, my husband and child were stung by jellyfish. Unfortunately, our child suffered an allergic reaction. I had packed benadryl which took the pain away in about 15 minutes. I think we had stayed out in the water a little too late. I recommend getting out before dusk, but I wouldn't let that deter you from swimming in the water. The next day, the jellyfish had all washed up to shore. The reception staff were more business-like than friendly. There were no beach towels in our room and we did have to ask for them after we realized other guests had towels. It is about a 10-minute drive to the aquarium, which was very nice. We also went to nearby Wildwood State Park on the Long Island Sound which was quiet and beautiful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Cove Place? Share your experiences!