“Very helpful front desk staff; good restaurant / breakfast buffet on premises” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ace Morioka

You added Hotel Ace Morioka to your Saves list
Hotel Ace Morioka
2-11-35 Chuo-dori, Morioka 020-0021, Iwate Prefecture (Morioka Station)   |
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels / Ryokan in Morioka
4.0 of 5 stars 75 Reviews
Cypress, Texas
“Very helpful front desk staff; good restaurant / breakfast buffet on premises”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked the Hotel Ace Morioka because it was the only central city hotel available the night I needed to stay in Morioka. The booking site advised that the hotel was a 10 minute walk from the JR Morioka Station. I would say that is true if you know your way about Morioka. For a first time arriver, figure closer to 15 minutes. The hotel was not too hard to find, but I had studied maps before arriving, and checked on a city map on the street after crossing the river to ensure I was headed the right direction.

The hotel is on a small side street in the center of town. Perhaps the only negative about my experience is that this narrow street had no sidewalks. While there was a line indicating where pedestrians would walk, vehicles would frequently park across the line, blocking the walking space.

The front desk staff was extremely helpful upon check in and check out. At check in, the young lady who helped me spoke to me entirely in English and you could tell it was a chore for her to do so. I really appreciate her act of kindness to help me out.

The breakfast buffet is in the on-site restaurant and is very complete - with both Japanese and Western choices. The hotel staff kept the food stocked and tables cleaned very efficiently.

My room was a single room, which means small but very efficient, with a double bed. The room had wired internet, a robe, slippers and a tea pot. There was an extra pillow in the room. The bathroom was stocked with normal amenities, including a toothbrush and sponge. My room, 401, looked out on a brick wall with an angled view on the hotel entrance courtyard. I booked through an online site (not through Trip Advisor or the hotel website) and paid 7000 yen including taxes. I do not know if a room with a more expansive view might have cost more.

I doubt if I will ever have occasion again to spend a night in Morioka, but I would not hesitate to stay at the Hotel Ace - Morioka again. It was a pleasant experience and I was treated very well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Ace Morioka? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Ace Morioka

Address: 2-11-35 Chuo-dori, Morioka 020-0021, Iwate Prefecture
Location: Japan > Tohoku > Iwate Prefecture > Morioka > Morioka Station
Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels / Ryokan in Morioka
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and Rakuten so you can book your Hotel Ace Morioka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Ace Morioka, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.