“very good services, but just on the surface” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae

You added Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae to your Saves list
Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae
2-2-26 Nakadori | Akita shi, Akita ken, Akita, Akita Prefecture 010-0001, Japan (Akita Station)   |
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels / Ryokan in Akita
Hong Kong, China
“very good services, but just on the surface”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Richmond is proud of their services provided, from the moment check in to check out, I am all happy with it. The room is also modern and stylish. I was having fever during my stay, I borrowed their thermometer and measure the temperature in the lobby, the staff are helpful and still carrying smile, but they didn't have intention to bring me water and ask if I am ok. I finally get a cup of water in the restaurant and took the pill. that gave me a feeling that the smile on their face is just robotic and I just didnt feel the true warm heart. Overall, it is a very professional hotel in Akita

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Spent two night during a business trip. Very close to the JR station. Rooms are fine and food is good. Small gripes: 1) Get rid of the stinky shower curtain 2) plastic dishes at breakfast. Otherwise, I would go back to this hotel again when I visit Akita.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I booked this hotel online because it was very near the train station and apparently in the middle of Akita City's activity. I've been in Japanese hotels before so I was expecting tight quarters. I am soooo glad that I was wrong.
My friends and I arrived quite late in the evening but the reception staff was on their toes and very welcoming. Our rooms were ready for us and, as a nice touch, we were made to choose some bath perks--pedicure kit? bath salts? facial moisturizing masks? Delightful!
The rooms were uncharacteristically (for Japan) large for the price range. TV (no English channels though), in room wi-fi access, refrigerator, complimentary coffee and tea, complimentary water, an all-phone charger, bath tub.
A big plus was the set of shampoo and conditioner available in the rooms. These smell good and are actually very good for the hair. These are available for sale but rather bulky. I would have wanted to buy some but it was too heavy for me.
The breakfast, although the same everyday, was quite pleasant and filling. The food was mostly Japanese with only cereal as a concession to the Western diet. Miso soup was unlimited.
The staff is very helpful. When we needed help photocopying, borrowing umbrellas, getting a cab or obtaining information, they were on it. When we needed extra documentation, they were willing to provide it.
We stayed 6 days and were totally happy with it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

As others have stated the RIchmond Hotel is conveniently located near the Akita train station. There are many places to eat, convenience stores, and near the station there's a department store. You can buy breakfast groceries and keep it in you refrigerator to cut cost and avoid going out every morning. There is a microwave available for use at the hotel. They do offer breakfast at the hotel but currently the breakfast buffet is Y1,100. They don't offer too much western style food. Maybe toast, coffee, juice, yogurt, sausage but plenty of Japanese food. They staff is very helpful. They will go out of their way to help you get anything or to arrange something. The room has a small refrigerator and a hot pot to boil water for coffee/tea. You can always ask at the front desk for anything you may need such as toiletries, bath salt, shower cap, etc. Only negative for foreign visitors might be the lack of foreign TV channels. Only Japanese channels. Hopefully you're there to visit and not spend too much time in the room watching TV...

Room Tip: I would ask for a double room. Japanese single rooms are pretty small.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've stayed in another hotel in Akita, but wasn't very excited about it, so decided to try this one. This will now always be my go-to hotel for Akita! I stayed for one week with my daughter, in a Comfort Twin room that was a corner room. It was very spacious for a Japanese hotel. We had two comfortable beds, plus a couch, table, and easy chair, a mini-fridge, and a very long desk-table that ran the length of one side of the room. With free wifi, this could easily accommodate both of us working on our computers, and there was plenty of space for the luggage. There was a nice breakfast (mostly Japanese options but with some western food too, and good coffee). A coin-operated laundry room was much appreciated. An easy two-block walk from the station, with many restaurants, shopping centers, convenience stores, and tea houses in the neighborhood. My daughter speaks Japanese, but there did always seem to be someone at the desk with some English skills.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We checked-in to this hotel for 1 night on the 10 December 2013. The room decor is nice and hotel staff were very friendly. The most important thing is that the hotel reception is able to converse in English.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here back in Apr, and after debating which hotel to book initially, I think I have picked the right choice !

The hotel is only 5min walk from station. Like all other Richmond hotels in Japan (I have stayed in a few), this one is clean, modern, well managed and very good deal for the price I pay (I book direct from hotel website). The room is big enough to fit my luggage, and still have room to walk around. Full amenities in the bathroom. There is even a multiple-purpose mobile charger to charge up your phone with.

I would recommend getting the breakfast package, as there isn't many restaurants around the station, not to mention ones that open in the morning for breakfast .... and speaks English ;-) and the breakfast is very good with the price u pay.

I would definitely come back here if I come to Akita next time. No wonder the Richmond Hotel group gets the hotel management excellence awards year on year. Well deserved!

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Richmond Hotel Akita Ekimae? Share your experiences!