We stayed at Club Med for six nights in July as part of a package. We were booked for three nights but ended up there for six because of a typhoon.
We had a really mixed experience, but the main thing is that this is a great hotel for people looking for an all-inclusive place to park up with their families. As a couple who really wanted to experience a traditional Japanese set up and get to know Ishigaki town (20 mins away), it wasn't for us.
The beach is gorgeous and the setting couldn't be better, but the hotel feels geared around families. Meals started and ended very early, we had to wait for a table for two one night etc etc.
For what we'd paid our agent, we really didn't feel Club Med offered value for money, though this may not be the resort's fault. The rooms were basic compared with other hotels we stayed in on this trip, and the services weren't on a par.
When we arrived on the first day, the room air con was down and we were eventually moved at midnight. After the typhoon, our air con was down again and wasn't fixed before we left more than 24 hours later. We weren't offered a fan.
All this said, the staff were excellent during the typhoon and were very reassuring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Kabira Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigaki
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med
- Club Med Kabira Beach Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture