Had a great relaxing trip mentally and physically away from Japan Inc. hotel grounds are well taken care of, rooms are a but dated but mostly functional (however, no wash cloth provided and AC was underpowered). I went in three different rooms and the furnishings were very different in each. Building A is the furtherest from the "core" (lobby, pool, beach etc.) laid out like A, B, C, D core E, F, G etc. I think E and F are the closest to the beach with some rooms having direct access. Beach shack provides snorkel, kayak, wind surf and other activities. One warning, protected beach area is not protected. When snorkeling I saw numerous poisonous star fish and sure enough someone in our group stepped on one and had to be taken to hospital.
Also, if you are new to Club Med, might be surprised by GO staff joining you at meals but they always ask for permission. If you do not want them to join, just say "no".Overall a great escape from the Japan I usually live in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Kabira Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigaki
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med
- Club Med Kabira Beach Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture