Everyone recommended we stay here, so we decided to extend our trip after a few nights at another hotel. The rooms and service are international standard, great views, nice pools and restaurants, etc. We booked several tours through an off-site tour agency and they were very informative about the island ecology, etc. When we told them where we were staying they told us of how the hotel had overdeveloped the land too close to the ocean and had in fact killed all the coral reefs nearest their private beach. We asked some other locals if this was true and apparently is a common point of angst among island natives. I hope the hotel does something to try to remedy this, but in the meantime I wont again to a hotel that has such a cavalier attitude towards the environment on which it depends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Okinawa hotel offers the perfect chance to relax alongside the tranquil waters of Maesato Beach. The rich cultural traditions, abundant coral reefs, distinctive regional foods and the natural warmth of its people make this island getaway an unforgettable destination. Within easy reach of Ishikagi Airport, this is your chance to discover a Japan you never imagined. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, IHG, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Ishigaki Hotel Ishigaki
- Ana Hotel Ishigaki
- ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort Japan - Okinawa Prefecture