Stayed in the Laguna Garden for a week - business trip (I was tagging along with my partner). We were sooo disappointed. Our room cost an average of €250 per night and the 4* hotel would barely meet Irish 3* standard.
We had booked a double room but got a twin. We asked to be moved and they showed us a very small double room in the East wing....great view but so tiny we went back to the twin.
I promptly moved around the furniture to have the twins together, and requested extra duvets to soften the beds!
The rooms are dated and smelt fusty or maybe just a build up of smoke as it was a smoking floor (nothing available on non-smoking). TV....no English speaking channels. No radio. Wired broadband with a very intermittent service! Kettle and green tea available but no coffee sachets. You could buy it in the onsite shop though (or take from the breakfast buffet!)
They do offer lots of toiletries....hairbrush, toothbrush, scrunchy, razors etc.
Breakfast - both the Japanese and Western restaurant had great breakfast buffets.
English - almost none throughout the hotel! Staff were nice but really hadn't a clue...even if trying to explain the bus service to anywhere.
The hotel is not on the beach....about a 10 min walk to a public beach. There is NOTHING to do in the area. Try to rent a car but be warned that you can only do so with an International Driving License (EU not enough). If you're here for a conference and someone else is picking up some of the ferocious costs well enough....but if it's your money get out as fast as you can. Some great deals and hotels in Naha or go up north for a day or two.
If you want to see the aquarium try to rent a car. Taking a tourbus will have you sitting in same for over 5 hrs. 5/6 hrs from Naha. There is no direct bus from the south to the north of the Island....crazy when it's only 56miles long (or maybe even kms)
Naha is worth a night or two's stay. Take time to walk some of the lovely parks west of the city.
There is a shuttle service from the Airport but I think only 6 times per day. Taxi will cost about €35 in a saloon car or €50-60 in a large taxi (we were 4 people with four cases so needed a bigger taxi. We were quoted €60 but driver settled for €50) Taxi to American Village or Naha at night cost over €20 each way....it all adds up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Garden Hotel is a deluxe class resort that sits amongst lush, beautiful greenery on the coast of the East China Sea. With a multitude of facilities and quick access to the Okinawa Convention Center, the hotel is a perfect holiday destination or refuge from a day of business. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Despegar.com and Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound) so you can book your Laguna Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Laguna Garden Ginowan
- Hotel Ana Laguna Garden
- Laguna Garden Hotel Okinawa Prefecture/Ginowan, Japan