“Dirty Room - Yuck!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Apalachin
Livonia
“Dirty Room - Yuck!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

After driving 10 hours on a trip home from Maine we pulled into this hotel for our last night away from home. When we got into the room we noticed that the nightstand between the two beds was sticky. We cleaned this off right away and was hoping that was the worst it could get. Wrong! The tub/shower had grass and dirt in the bottom and the bathroom floor had numerous small hairs. If that wasn't enough, I pulled back the sheets and there was a nice long hair in the bed. Ughhhh! Of course there was an envelope on the dresser asking for tips for the cleaner. If we weren't so exhausted from the long drive and if there were more places to stay nearby we would have left. After making it through the night my son and I headed to their breakfast. There was a lady guarding all of the items and definitely watching each item we took. She also was in control of the waffle maker. No one could get near it and dare to make their own. There was a computer made sign stating that no items were to be taken out of the area. It's not like they care if anyone got the room dirty, so what's the point? Since the very small sitting area was full, some people were actually standing and trying to eat. When the lady was distracted, my son and I snuck our food down the hall to our room so we could actually sit while eating. I remember thinking - we're paying for this??? I'd never stay here again.

• Liked — It was near the expressway.
  • Disliked — It was dirty.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

My children and I stayed at the hotel on our way to meet my husband for Christmas - getting in around 1:00 am just to get some rest, a shower, and a bite to eat.

While getting ready in the morning I took my children to the breakfast area to get some food. We brought it back to the room not realizing the sign stating that it was not allowed (I was still groggy and trying to fully wake up). Upon the third trip (coffee and juice) the manager came out and lectured me that I was raising criminals because I could not follow the rules. Instead of politely asking us to keep the food in the breakfast area she decided to yell at me as if I were a child who needed scolding.

Unfortunately the manager does not feel this was handled improperly as stated in the letter that was sent to me after my complaint.

• Liked — location - midway to destination
  • Disliked — Being scolded by the manager
  • Tips/Secrets — If you want to be treated like a valued customer, avoid this location.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Morris County, NJ
2,334 helpful votes 2,334 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2006

My wife and I stayed there recently.

Pros:
The motel is quiet and is set about 500 feet off the highway. The motel is reasonably priced. The rooms are clean. There is a convienience store and a McDonalds next door. The rooms are average size.

Cons:
If you are expecting the amenities of say a Radison, you will be dissapointed.

Summary:
If you want a clean room at a reasonable price for a night, this is a hotel for you.

• Liked — Its location
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

We stayed at the Quality Inn in July 2006. The cost was almost $130.00 after taxes and the room was not even close to the quality I would expect at that price. The room was, on the surface clean, but there was mold and mildew in the shower, dust on the lights, when I went to make coffee there was mold inside the coffee maker, the wall paper on the walls was ripped in several places and someone had drawn on the inside of the lamp shades and on the wall above the beds with a ball point pen. The staff, however, were more than friendly and very accomodating, but the rooms were less than par, especially for the price we paid!!! I have to, unfortunately say, that I would not reccommend staying in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Quality Inn Binghamton West? Share your experiences!