“Excellent all round!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Richmond Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin

You added Richmond Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin to your Saves list
Richmond Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4-8-25 Watanabedori, Chuoku, Fukuoka 810-0004, Fukuoka Prefecture   |
Ranked #7 of 179 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Excellent all round!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We just came back from our trip to Fukuoka and stayed at the Richmond hotel for 5 nights. Our flight arrived early at 8am and it was a cold and rainy morning, with a baby and preschooler in tow, we asked the hotel to give us our room early even if it meant extra charges. They were running on full capacity and told us to come back at 11am, and they were very polite about asissting us. We took refuge at starbucks nearby and came back at 10.30 - and our room was ready! We booked a double room with two double beds, which was larger so that we could accomodate everyone. Our experience from booking to checkout was all round good. The room was clean and rather tight, but for japanese standards, it was good. The breakfast at Yako Hai downstairs was excellent - a good mix of western and japanese food. They even had high chairs and free wipes! Perfect for kids! The location is great - right next to all the amenities and shops in Tenjin. Walk underground from the underpass outside the hotel and there's an entire underground mall. The staff also went to great lengths to help us - we wanted to hire bikes that had baby seats of them and they researched different vendors and presented the information to me in a file! Very impressed and would highly recommend this place, and stay here again if we ever come back to this lovely city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Average size rooms but very clean and well appointed. We stayed on the 13th floor which meant the traffic noise from below was ok. The hotel is on the main shopping street and very central.

We had a very good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Taipei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Richmond Chain is an upscale business hotel but a business hotel, nonetheless. Their Fukuoka Teijin hotel was again very clean and big by Japanese standard. This was my second stay at this chain and I got to say it is pretty good. Location is great as it is in walking distance to the touristy places in Fukuoka. Breakfast is a buffet served in the lobby. It's no Wynn Buffett but its good for the price and the service. The room itself is very clean. I did not find anything dirty and I am quite a picky guest. I stayed in a 3 person room and it was good. I would not mind if I had to stay a week there. My other family members stayed in a two person bed and they were all smiles. In all, my family complimented on my find in this hotel. Next time, wherever Japanese city I'm in, Im gonna check if they have a Richmond.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed there with my family for 3 nights and it was a great choice! I booked a deluxe double room for a little more (recommended!) and the room is in a decent size. The location is perfect with JR station nearby, lots of shops and restaurants, and excellent for last min shopping!

In general I love the city and will definitely choose Richmond Hotel Tenjin again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I use this hotel at least twice a year for the average duration of 5 - 14 days every time when I visit Fukuoka city last 2-3 years. The reason why I use this hotel all the time is just simple:
1. Perfect Location - Everything's there!
2. Good value for money, especially for long stays by booking a month before
3. Comfortable bed and always clean
4. Convenient hotel facilities (e.g. coin-laundry with reasonable price incl. washing detergent)
5. Helpful & professional staffs
6. I can collect "points" as a member and I can use them for the payment
7. Nice breakfast

My friends from abroad also liked this hotel - hotel staffs speak good English!

You would not find such a good hotel in the city so easily, especial right in the heart of the city-centre. As far as you don't expect room size that you find in many of western/south-east Asian resort hotel room, Richmond hotel in Tenjin offers pretty much everything you need for the city stay. If you want more space, book a "corner double" room. However, if you stay in corner rooms, I would recommend to close curtains all the time as it gets extremely hot in summer (Jul-Aug), it get cold in winter (Dec-Jan) - it is normal in Kyushu having "single graze" windows (with wires in glasses for earthquake).

Looking forward to going back to the hotel in May.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

It seems that your staff are well trained and courteous enough.
One thing uncomfortabe was your check out time 1100 instead
1200 . Would you mind making it 1200 like new otani hotel fuk.
The other thing totly uncomfortable and unuceptable was that
cnn and or sport channel like euro sport wos not available.
Your esteemed hotel seems just for the jananese by the japanese and of the japanese.
Your staff were very good and professsional but management seems not gloval
or foreign visitor friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We enjoyed our one night here. We had a corner double room which gave us a little extra space. The room was quite comfortable with a decent-size bathroom. Free wifi was very handy. The breakfast was good and reasonably priced. The front desk staff was very friendly, helpful, and accomodating. The hotel is in a great location with lots of shops, including department stores, and restaurants close by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Richmond Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin? Share your experiences!