“Lovely place to sit down and have a meal” 4 of 5 stars

+81 288-53-2933
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 138 restaurants in Nikko
Cuisines: Japanese, Vegetarian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our shop is located at the entrance of world heritage sunlight. In order to mainly entertain a foreign visitor, I take out a sunlight noted product "soy-milk-skin dish" and home cooking of Japan with a cheap price. You can also respond and enjoy vegetarians and allergy in comfort.
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Lovely place to sit down and have a meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Popular with tourists, but not a tourist trap, with a lovely atmosphere and delightful staff. Conveniently located on the way to popular Shinkyo Bridge from Tobu station, you'll likely be passing it anyway. I highly recommend the yakitori (chicken skewers). Good value for a big meal and authentic Japanese cuisine.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Ghent, Belgium
“A real tourist restaurant, not in the bad way.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

While looking for a place to eat during our visit to Nikko, we happened to stumple upon this jewel. We had read no reviews and had no idea what to expect. We just entered the restaurant because it appealed to us.

The small restaurant is run by an older lady. She was a very kind and warm person, teaching us some japanese words while doing her best to communicate in basic english. The interior is covered with postcards, handwritten notes and even some bills. The atmosphere was just right. We were afraid it was a tourist trap when seated, but it didn't even come close. The writing on the cards was correct, a great place to eat with a lovely owner.

The food was delicious and the price wasn't over the top. I myself had the ramen, and I devoured it. We were all very happy we stumbled upon this restaurant and left with a good feeling.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Don't see what all the fuss is about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Another traveller stopped me in the street and asked where this joint was. She raved about the food, ambience and reviews she had read despite not having been. I went elsewhere that night but tried here the next day. Disappointing frankly.
Food is ok but not spectacular and the cost is on a par with most other eateries in Nikko.
If it wasn't for the thousands of bits of paper covering the walls (how can it be cleaned?) no-one would take any notice of it really. Try if you want but I had far better meals in my time there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane
“Delicious Yakatori”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a tiny place that only serves around 16 people at any one time. We were renting a cottage in Nikko and our host recommended it. We have eaten there twice in 2 days. The yakatori, mix, chicken soup and curry udon were all good. Yes, it's Nikko prices but still good value. The owners were very friendly. The food is not to Tokyo standard in my opinion but I would highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“come here for atmosphere but not food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've picked this restaurant for my only meal in Nikko given it's recommended by LP as well as ranked high here.

The restaurant is easy to find. It's located on the main street, just 150meter from the famous bridge.

Restaurant is not large but decorated in very cozy way. The whole wall/ceiling of restaurant is filled with the posters from tourists visiting here, together with currency notes from different countries, namecards, photos. Anyway, u can easily tell why it's popular.

It serves Japanese cuisine but to me it's not that traditional. We ordered the recommended chicken and fried noodles (no Udon available that noon). Grilled chicken is tender served with sweet sauce with fried vegetables and rice. The noodles is fried with lots of cabbriges (the only reason I liked the dish). However, in terms of flavor, it might be the least impressive meal I've ever had in my 10day Japan trip. And as a Chinese, I can tell any Japanese elements of two disches, tastes just like oridinary Chinese dishes.

The waitress or might be the owner is a mid-aged Japanese lady, very nice and can speak some English. The guests next door from SG needs some help for the lady to call their driver to pick up. And the lady is very patient to call a few times to arrange. Maybe that's the reason for the popularity of the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013