“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Meigetsuen to your Saves list
Meigetsuen
Meigetsuen
63 Kawaji Onsen Kawaji, Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture 321-2611, Japan (Kawaji Onsen)   |
Ranked #13 of 99 Nikko B&B and Inns
Duluth, Mn
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

My sister-in-law, who lives in Tokyo, and I spent 2 nights here in October. The attention we received was wonderful. Our breakfast and dinner were served in a room across the hall from our room and we had one staff member who oversaw our room and our meals. Although she spoke almost no English, she was so attentive to our every need including letting me know that my yukata was tied on the wrong side, the side that was used to wrap the dead! She carefully rewrapped me so that I could continue in the land of the living! The meals were wonderful, artfully and symmetrically arranged on either side of the table, a beautiful display of small ceramic dishes filled with interesting and delicious foods. We were stuffed both at breakfast and at dinner. The onsen was lovely, especially the outside area and since we stayed there just before the leaves turned, we often had the outside pool all to ourselves. The staff had little English so that could be a problem but as my sister-in-law speaks Japanese, it was not an issue for us. For 800 yen, you can purchase a combined ticket to go to three other onsens within walking distance and that was also fun. I also loved walking along the narrow street where you could hear the water from the hot springs rushing downhill. All in all, our stay there was a memorable experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Great food, great staff, attention to detail... I would stay again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Meigetsuen? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Meigetsuen

Address: 63 Kawaji Onsen Kawaji, Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture 321-2611, Japan
Location: Japan > Kanto > Tochigi Prefecture > Nikko > Kawaji Onsen , Kinugawa Onsen
Ranked #13 of 99 B&Bs / Inns in Nikko
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JAPANiCAN so you can book your Meigetsuen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Meigetsuen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.