“Close to Railway Station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers

Save Saved
You added Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers to your Saves list
Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3-23 Kitasaiwai, Nishi-Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture 220-8501 , Japan (Nishi-ku)   |
Ranked #18 of 91 hotels in Yokohama
Houston, Texas
“Close to Railway Station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The main benefit of this hotel is that it is close to the railway station and you can walk there via an elevated walkway. Single rooms are very small and would not be suitable for two or more people traveling together, so do not book the cheapest (smallest) room if you are not traveling alone. Everything is very clean and the staff are very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet is only so-so compared to other hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
YokohamaBaySheraton, お客様担当マネージャー at Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for the kind words regarding the room cleanness and our staff. Guest satisfaction is always our number one goal. Thank you also for pointing our location in your feedback.
We are very proud to have such an excellent location. We hope you stay with us again soon!

446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week in October. It was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I was on the concierge level in a room for one person (had a double or queen sized bed). It was very comfortable for one person, big enough for two if you are a couple.
The location is wonderful. We were able to shop for whatever we needed and walk through the underground shopping and department stores. I went for a walk through the train station and past the Nissan building to get to some walking paths along the canals. Very safe and beautiful.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful, including American, European, Japanese and other Asian styles of food and beverage.
To address some of the criticisms of other reviewers:
Yes, you will have to pay for wifi access. It cost me about $10 US for the week. Not really worth griping about, I'd say.
The temperature in the room was difficult to control. I figured out that part of the problem is the heated toilet seat. I had to turn off the heated seat in order to keep the room cool enough, or leave it on but turn the thermostat down significantly. Again, hardly a major issue - sometimes life hands you a heated toilet seat - not exactly a major discomfort!
We made use of the concierge lounge. It was pretty simple - some snacks and beverages. But it was just what we needed and the view was incredible! The only complaint I'd have is that they closed at 8:00 pm.
I was very comfortable at this hotel and would stay there again. I'd highly recommend it. One last note - Safety and security are my highest priority in travelling. On the way out the door on my last night at the hotel, I accidentally forgot to lock the safe in my room. I had left money, jewelry and my passport in the safe, and dashed out as the housekeeper was entering my room to clean it. When I returned I realized what I had done, and everything was still there. Needless to say, I was very relieved and happy that no one had violated my security.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Mt. Fuji or of the bay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the amazing review!It is delighted to read that you rated us one of the nicest hotels ever! The type of experience you describe is exactly what we strive to provide!
We are really thankful that you highly recommend our hotel. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Yokohama Bay Sheraton is always our top choice to stay in Yokohama. The staff is super friendly and attentive to most any concern. Of course, the location next to Yokohama main train station is the most convenient connection to Narita Express, and most lines into Tokyo and surrounding cities.

Room Tip: rooms are average for Yokohama / Tokyo area. all very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for such a glowing review of your stay. Thank you especially for acknowledging the friendly and warm hospitality of our staff. I will be sure to share these kind words to my team.
Please come back and visit again soon.
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Easy to get from Haneda or Narita airport through train or subway.
Hotel top class, COMPASS restaurant has american + asian food so in case is needed you can stay and eat. I personally choose to try all food on the sorounding areas.
Hotel is perfectly located above subway, train station and huge shopping center so no need to walk to much to take public transportation.
Attention from the hotels personnel is really awesome, nature of the japanese culture so no exception in this hotel.
Lowlights: price of dinner is 4000 yens (48 USD), quality is excelent but if you're not traveling for business reasons you can get a better price for similar meal outside. Breakfast price is less and worth it.
Rooms are clean and comfortable, to the american standard size would be considered as small but taking in mind that you're in Japan then is ok.
Prices of Sky Bar (top floor - 28) are really high, almost ridiculous, worth to visit from the view but just to take a picture because a beer for 16 usd!, you can get better beer and same enviroment in high class restaurants around the hotel.
Don't forget to ask the concierge for a map of the area that includes all public transportation routes.
Internet is available but depending on your room selection and package could be included or not, speed is good.
Includes A/C, lots of items for the bathroom, and of course the so famous toiletes with heated seats and automated rinsing function.

Room Tip: HJighest floor available, one that faces the Mount Fuji, if the sky is clear is an amazing view from...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
YokohamaBaySheraton, お客様担当マネージャー at Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your guest rooms, and found our location to be convenient.
Our central location is one of our greatest assets, right in front of the Yokohama station. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back for a future stay at the Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My son had his wedding here and we stayed at the hotel for several days. The wedding was beautiful. The rooms were nice (for Japan - a little bigger than other Japanese hotels). The staff was wonderful. It's very conveniently located to transportation (even Narita Express). The only reason I did not give it 5 stars because I thought it was way too expensive, but I'm afraid that is a complaint I have for all of Japan…I would say it was very nice to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of our team, congratulations on your son's wedding .We are delighted to have been part of your celebration and are touched by your wonderful review. I will pass on your positive words to our entire team here. We hope you will come back here again in the future. We would appreciate another opportunity to be of service you .
With kind regards and many thanks again.
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was staying at Sheraton Bay Yokohama during a week business trip to Japan and for a person being a first time to visit Japan, it really gave me a comfort I was expecting after 7h flight and a cozy atmosphere inside the room. I like to design, the amenities provided and the service. All was awesome!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
We are so glad you choose to stay with us for your first visit to Japan! It is great that our facilities met your needs and expectations. We hope you stay with us again soon!
Pound Ridge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here dozens of nights and most of the other big star Yoko hotels once or twice. I always come back here:
- train / shopping access is excellent
- health club opens early (others all open a 9:00am - go figure)
- special needs accommodation (I was there thru the earthquake)
- food - the sushi bar is stellar and the coffee shop is perfect if you don't want Japanese

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
It is always treat to hear from returning guests!Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and it looks like we have succeeded. We certainly hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers? Share your experiences!