“Superb location, wonderful service & facilities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers

You added Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers to your Saves list
Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3-23 Kitasaiwai, Nishi-Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture 220-8501 , Japan   |
Ranked #18 of 106 Hotels / Ryokan in Yokohama
Bonn, Germany
“Superb location, wonderful service & facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I travelled a great deal these last few weeks in Japan on business, with hotels varying a great deal in quality and must say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Yokohama Bay Sheraton. I admit I love to be pampered and this place ticked all the boxes for me. Wonderful service and advice, great location - a stone's throw away from the station, quite literally! Breakfast buffet was delicious - great variety. Hotel gym (big bonus for me). Very comfortable beds - I almost forgot where I was when I woke up. Wonderful value for money (although I believe I did get quite a good deal). I will definitely choose to stay here again, if I have the opportunity to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
YokohamaBaySheraton, お客様担当マネージャー at Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for the amazing review! I am thrilled that you enjoy staying with us so much. Providing prompt and attentive service is a top priority so we couldn’t be happier that it was a highlight of your stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your guest room, the location and the breakfast buffet. I will be sure to share these kind words to my team. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights during a business trip and had a wonderful stay. The reservation was arranged by my employer. I stayed in the Tower on the 26th floor, which has a separate check-in/check-out desk and exclusive access to the Towers Lounge where there are free drinks all day and cocktails at night. The breakfast buffet was included, and the buffet was fantastic with a huge selection and variety of foods. Access to the fitness center was included as well, and I enjoyed swimming a few laps in the heated swimming pool. The room and the bed was very comfortable. Internet access was included in the rate as well. Service was superb (check-in, check-out, restaurant, fitness, asking directions, etc)
The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the Yokohama train station, and there is access to the huge underground station by taking the hotel elevator or escalator from the lobby. I looked at the dinner menu of the restaurants inside the hotel, but they were too expensive, so I just wandered around all the shops and restaurants inside the Yokohama station and easily found something and sat among the locals. I would be delighted to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Our towers lounge offers a unique and relaxing experience and we are glad you enjoyed it. We very much appreciate your kind words and look forward to passing them on to our staff. Positive feedback like yours gives us even more motivation to be great for our guest’s everyday. Please come back and visit again soon,
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

First off, this is a very convenient location, especially if you can handle the trains in Japan. You can take the Narita Express and walk to the hotel from the Yokohama station in a few minutes.
The staff is attentive, the breakfast buffet is better than average, and the meeting rooms are also quite good. Only flaw is an inadequate workout room, and the pool is never open when a business traveler might want to use it.
Ask for a room away from the station or "city side" if you want quiet

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the station or "city side" if you want quiet
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Noida, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The lobby is amazing with live music and an extremely courteous staff. Truly gives you a royal feeling. Rooms are very clean and reasonably sized from Japanese standards. This hotel is well connected and very close to the train station, you can get a direct train to the airport from the station. One of the staff members even helped me with the luggage and escorted me to the train station to help me catch the airport shuttle.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Sheraton Hotel and Towers in Yokohama is in an excellent location. There is easy access to the train station and bus station, as well as lots of shopping. I stayed for business and it was quite comfortable with a good breakfast and pleasant staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
相模原市, 神奈川県
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

It's very front of Yokohama station.You never miss it.Friendly and kind staffs.Anyway,it's very easy to go for Tokyo and Kamakura,and sure you can enjoy yokohama as well.
I'm l\working in Yokohama.It's somothing strange for staying in yokohama.anyway,I stayed the hotel and I enjoyed it very much.I enjoyed a view (You could see the tokyo sky tree!)

Room Tip: upper levels
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband had to go to Tokyo for a business trip and I was able to tag along. This is where work put him up and, while I would have preferred to stay in the other hotel option (purely from a geographical point of view: it's in Shinagawa, which is on the Yamanote line), the Sheraton in Yokohama is very comfortable and truly conveniently located, only a few minutes' walk from the train station, a number of shopping malls and Takashimaya.

Our room was on the 23rd floor, which is one of 3 set aside for SPG club members. While we were told that the floor was non-smoking, when we first alighted from the lift there was still the distinct whiff of stale smoke in the air, which never quite went away during our 4-night stay. We didn't notice any fresh smoke, though. Perhaps it was only recently decommissioned as a smoking floor. In any case, we had a great view of the city.

The room was small - normal for Japanese standards, I believe - but wholly satisfactory and comfortable. Apart from the standard desk and swivel seat, there were 2 tub chairs beside a small coffee table, which we used almost constantly when perusing the free newspaper and tourist literature. A small wardrobe contained 2 dressing gowns, room slippers and a safe. The bathroom is reasonably spacious, with washlet, combined bathtub and shower (with retractable clothesline), hair dryer, and a set of scales under the sink. Individually packaged standard toiletries were provided, though specific ones (e.g. body lotion/body care products) had to be specifically requested. Hot water was almost instantaneous and very hot, allowing for a nice long soak in the bathtub after a full day of walking.

The bed was comfortable, and a choice of pillows is available from housekeeping. As the housekeeping staff member we spoke with had limited English and we had even more limited Japanese, she came to our room with the 2 options available (buckwheat hull and contoured memory foam) and waited while we tried them out.

We were given free gym, pool and internet access, but I don't know if this was because my husband is an SPG member. We had no problems with internet access, but found it restrictive that the pool was accessible only after 10am.

Staff were uniformly polite and friendly, keen to ensure our stay was as pleasant as possible. The staff at the concierge desk were most helpful and I found in them my new best friend for the time we were there, with their advice on where to go for what I wanted and handy maps for the train lines and sightseeing, even outside Yokohama. (Note: if going to Kamakura, I found that the map that the hotel concierge has is better than the one I picked up from the tourist information booth at Kamakura station. Unfortunately, I didn't realise this until after I'd been to Kamakura and found the better map in a shop at the end of my first day there, and then saw it in the concierge's box of maps while he was retrieving a map of Tokyo for me.)

If we go back to Kamakura, I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers? Share your experiences!