“THE BEST HOTEL IN YOKOHAMA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Yokohama Grand

You added InterContinental Yokohama Grand to your Saves list
InterContinental Yokohama Grand
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-1 Minato Mirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama 220-8522, Kanagawa Prefecture (Nishi-ku)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 110 Hotels / Ryokan in Yokohama
Montreal, Canada
“THE BEST HOTEL IN YOKOHAMA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was in Yokohama for an international congress. The hotel is located nearby both Pacifica Center and Congress Center. Welcoming at the hotel is one of the best I've ever seen. From the first minute to the last one, everywhere you are in this hotel, there is always a member of the staff to take care of you and all your needs. The room was fantastic, very spacious and with a wonderful view on the bay of Yokohama. From our room we had the big wheel of Yokohama just in front of us. The hotel has many types of very good restaurants. They provide with an excellent choice of meals and a very good quality of food (chinese, japanese, french, italian and more).

Around the hotel is the congress center and the Pacifica conference center, the Queen towers which is a huge shopping center with a lot of restaurants on 5-7 floors, which is also giving access to a subway station (Minatomirai) 3-5 minutes walk from the hotel. The Landmark center is located just after the Queen towers (10 minutes walk). This is another huge shopping center with a tower of more than 70 floors where is offices, an hotel and a sky see at the top. All around there is a park and other shopping centers. After the Landmark, there is another subway and train station called Sakuragicho (at 15 minutes walk to the hotel). There is also a big bus stop which can bring you everywhere in the city for almost nothing.

The city of Yokohama was a wonderful surprise. This was my third stay in Japan. I just have a few words about Yokohama: you cannot miss it.

The hotel provide with excellent rooms at a very good rate, very reasonable for the quality of the hotel and its location. I warmly recommned this hotel to all travelers looking to stay in Yokohama.

Room Tip: Ask for a room giving a view on the big wheel and the bay. Rooms higher than 15th floor provides the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental on business recently the Public areas were smart and welcoming. Reception staff were also welcoming and friendly. The rooms are very tired and need updating the carpet in my room was marked, the beds were of a poor quality. overall this hotel needs work. on the positive side the staff are a great asset and the area is great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Yokohama Grand, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear David F,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the nice comments on the staff. However, please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the room's condition. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just stay here for a business conference (2nd time). This hotel is in a great location and right on the water offering beautiful views and easy walk to restaurants and stores. Their service is outstanding and the staff does a great job, however most of them do not speak ANY English making it a challenge just on simple things like ordering breakfast or using the gym. They try very hard, but I am a bit surprised that an International Hotel like this has staff with no English skills that have to interact with the staff--it is in every area. The rooms and hotel are very clean and well kept, but they are also very dated and in need of some updating,

Room Tip: Ask for a water view
Taichung, Taiwan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is my first stay at InterContinental after I join the ambassador program but it leaves me very bad experience.

First, I seek help from hotel staffs to book shuttle bus to airport, but none of them wanna help. All of them ask me to call the bus company directly, but I believe this should be arranged by hotel especially yokohama grand is a high-end hotel.

Second, because I am an ambassador of IHG, hotel should upgrade my room, but the hotel didn't upgrade my room to a superior room which is defined as a room one category higher than purchased.

This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had in Japan.

Room Tip: Sea view room does not worth the extra money cost.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Yokohama Grand, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear hhchen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Toledo, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed three nights at this hotel.

I bought a sea view club room and being a Royal Ambassador member didn´t get any upgrade.

My opinion:

1.- Executive floor Club is not great. Breakfast is not great quality with just few options, however the personnel is great and willing to help at any time. They are just waiting to service and help. Great people at this club. I requested information about where to buy a Japanese knife and they gave photocopies of all kind of usefull things and even a map

2.- Rooms are cleaned but not great.

3. Bed and pillows are quite comfortable. Rooms are quiet.

4.- Location of the Hotel is perfect, close to a mall (just 100 mt) and close to anywhere. In front of the marina

5.- Not worth to take a sea view room. View to the city is even better. Sea view is mostly Industrial area

6.- If you like to run my advise is you go trough the sea side. You can easily find a 10KM track

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Travelled with my parents to Japan and stayed 2 nights at Intercontinental Yokohama Grand.

The Hotel's location is quite good and easy to reach by subway. However, the check in process was rather slow and some staff were not fluent in English.

I was lucky that the lady who checked me in speak well English, so although it was slow, but it was at least smooth.

On there other hand, my parents were not that lucky, the gentleman who checked them in, was not very fluent in English and struggled with the check in process. Not quite what you would expect from an intercontinental Hotel, it took my parents over 20 minutes to complete their check in.

I also asked a staff at the reception about the free IHG Ambassador movie, but the gentleman struggled to understand me and just keep apologising, I eventually gave up.

Both rooms are clean, but a bit outdated and also felt a bit stuffy.
The carpets in both rooms were not in good condition.

The size of the Deluxe rooms were reasonable, but bathrooms were rather small.

In contrast to the check in process, the check out process was very efficient. While I was queuing, they took my room number and the invoice were prepared and ready.

From my point of view, the price I paid probably justify my experience at this hotel….but considering this is an Intercontinental Hotel, it was rather disappointing. You would expect more from an Intercontinental Hotel.

On the other hand, If you lower your expectation and ignore the fact that it is an Intercontinental hotel, then the hotel is not bad.

I have noticed that a reward night for this hotel is 50,000 IHG points per night, I would therefore recommend IHG members paying bay cash not points here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Yokohama Grand, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear YL_UK,

Thank you for sharing your recent staying experience with us. We are committed to providing our guests with the quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. We appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction by sending your review, we'll try our best to look after your concerns and step towards improvement of our services.
Thank you again and looking forward to serving you in future.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Kyoto, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business for 3 nights. The breakfast western buffet was really nice with great choice. The hotel has free wifi in the rooms and in the lobby. The staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms are a good size however the beds are a little uncomfortable and the duvet was not high quality. There are shopping malls and great restaurants close by in the mall. I recommend the round sushi restaurant on the 4 th floor in the station building. Overall for value I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to InterContinental Yokohama Grand? Share your experiences!