“Very good option in Yokohama.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Yokohama Grand

You added InterContinental Yokohama Grand to your Saves list
InterContinental Yokohama Grand
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-1 Minato Mirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture 220-8522, Japan   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 107 Hotels / Ryokan in Yokohama
Toledo, Spain
“Very good option in Yokohama.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed three nights at this hotel.

I bought a sea view club room and being a Royal Ambassador member didn´t get any upgrade.

My opinion:

1.- Executive floor Club is not great. Breakfast is not great quality with just few options, however the personnel is great and willing to help at any time. They are just waiting to service and help. Great people at this club. I requested information about where to buy a Japanese knife and they gave photocopies of all kind of usefull things and even a map

2.- Rooms are cleaned but not great.

3. Bed and pillows are quite comfortable. Rooms are quiet.

4.- Location of the Hotel is perfect, close to a mall (just 100 mt) and close to anywhere. In front of the marina

5.- Not worth to take a sea view room. View to the city is even better. Sea view is mostly Industrial area

6.- If you like to run my advise is you go trough the sea side. You can easily find a 10KM track

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Travelled with my parents to Japan and stayed 2 nights at Intercontinental Yokohama Grand.

The Hotel's location is quite good and easy to reach by subway. However, the check in process was rather slow and some staff were not fluent in English.

I was lucky that the lady who checked me in speak well English, so although it was slow, but it was at least smooth.

On there other hand, my parents were not that lucky, the gentleman who checked them in, was not very fluent in English and struggled with the check in process. Not quite what you would expect from an intercontinental Hotel, it took my parents over 20 minutes to complete their check in.

I also asked a staff at the reception about the free IHG Ambassador movie, but the gentleman struggled to understand me and just keep apologising, I eventually gave up.

Both rooms are clean, but a bit outdated and also felt a bit stuffy.
The carpets in both rooms were not in good condition.

The size of the Deluxe rooms were reasonable, but bathrooms were rather small.

In contrast to the check in process, the check out process was very efficient. While I was queuing, they took my room number and the invoice were prepared and ready.

From my point of view, the price I paid probably justify my experience at this hotel….but considering this is an Intercontinental Hotel, it was rather disappointing. You would expect more from an Intercontinental Hotel.

On the other hand, If you lower your expectation and ignore the fact that it is an Intercontinental hotel, then the hotel is not bad.

I have noticed that a reward night for this hotel is 50,000 IHG points per night, I would therefore recommend IHG members paying bay cash not points here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Yokohama Grand, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear YL_UK,

Thank you for sharing your recent staying experience with us. We are committed to providing our guests with the quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. We appreciate your taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction by sending your review, we'll try our best to look after your concerns and step towards improvement of our services.
Thank you again and looking forward to serving you in future.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kyoto, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business for 3 nights. The breakfast western buffet was really nice with great choice. The hotel has free wifi in the rooms and in the lobby. The staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms are a good size however the beds are a little uncomfortable and the duvet was not high quality. There are shopping malls and great restaurants close by in the mall. I recommend the round sushi restaurant on the 4 th floor in the station building. Overall for value I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nighst at the hotel.

Travelled by subway to Minatomirai station and from there less than 10 mins' walk to the hotel. Its actually quite easy to get to the Hotel from the station.

The lobby was really nice and the front desk service was great! The room we were in had a fantastic view of the Yokohama Cosmo World and the surrounding. The Cup Noodles Museum was only a stoné throw from the hotel! The room itself (Deluxe Room) was not fantastic but comfortable and spacious.

Nearby the hotel there were many shopping malls. Simply not enough time to go through all of them! As far as food is concerned, there's lots to offer!

The only thing I found lacking was convenience store. There was one near the hotel but it closed at 11pm. 711 was quite a distance away.

Overall, I enjoyed staying at this hotel for its convenient locations and great view!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

As other Trip advisor contributors said, the quality of the hotel is not bad, though you expect more from an Intercontinental Hotel. A not so modern room, with a burn patch in the carpet, was the disappointing aspect. A lack of sound-isolation between the rooms was at times quite disturbing. The service, and willingness to assist, from every member of the personnel was outstanding.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel did not live up to my expectations of the Intercontinental brand nor the location.

The club lounge offers little in the way of refreshments, the staff service is a somewhat inefficient, inflexible and english is quite poor. This is not much to ask of an international brand hotel.

I requested a later check-out and received nothing more than the usual time offered for IHG reward members - "You can pay for later check-out". The rooms are somewhat tired and dated. I wanted to access the gym since it was raining outside and was told it would be about Y5,250 to use (half price for IHG members) - are you kidding? I've paid so much for the room already!

Considering I paid twice the amount for a standard room (~30,000 yen) I expected more. This is the one of the worst brand hotel experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: I would not bother with a club lounge level. Waste of money.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Yokohama Grand, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear ILoveMinties,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the poor service that you received and for the dissatisfaction you had in the club lounge and fitness center. We deeply regret that we were unable to deliver exemplary service during your stay.

As loyal member, this is definitely not up to our standards as we always strive to provide world class experience. Your patronage to our hotel is very important, as such, your comments will certainly be looked into and will consider updates where possible. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope we get the chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here twice, the last time was for a full week on a high floor overlooking Yokohama Bay.
A very enjoyable stay in an exceptional property. On each occasion we were visiting friends and had two farewell dinners here and everything was excellent on both occasions.Unfortunately when we stayed there was no option to include breakfast in our advance purchase reservation and as a result we ended up exploring other dining options some mornings.

We plan to return next year for two separate stays, a few days at first followed by a week afterwards with a side trip of about 10 days in between.

We thoroughly enjoyed this property. As a couple of seniors married 45+ years we like our comfort and space and this more than met our needs!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor overlooking the harbour. It does cost a tad bit more but if your trip is for...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Yokohama Grand? Share your experiences!