“Ok but only for Disneyland visitors” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-5-1 Tekkodori, Urayasu 279-0025, Chiba Prefecture   |
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels / Ryokan in Urayasu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Penang
“Ok but only for Disneyland visitors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We visited the Disneyland/DisneybySea Tokio for 2 days and searched for an alternative
to very expensive Disney Hotels. The Mystays Maihama fits into this purpose.
It's nearby (10/20 min walking to DisneySea / Disneyland) and @ morning also a free shuttle service is provided. The rooms are clean and silent. The space (we had the family room) for Europe ok, for Japan already spacious. The breakfast is accepatable.
Biggest minus: it's really in the "no-where", beside Disneyland there is nothing @ all.
So if you plan to spend your time in Disney fine, if you plan to visit Tokio take another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

i stayed in Maihama at the last week of May 2012, it was a wonderful experience, price was very reasonable and matched our expectation, even we got more than what we expected. breakfast is simple yet very delicious, even better than other hotel with more expensive rate. I travelled with 2 young kids, i was able to book 3 bed, so we have plenty of bed space to sleep with very good price as i booked early.

it was near disney sea, though it was about 15 minutes walk to the ikspiari mall. i wished in the future, the hotel can provide shuttle bus (hourly interval or more frequent) to the mall and maihama station.

the room comes with foot massage, which is a companion after a long day walking and sightseeing.

i wish the TV Channel comes with more international programme or English program or movie...

Overall it was very good stay, receptionist was very friendly although not fluent in English.

given an opportunity, i would love to stay again in Maihama if i need to go to disneyland again...

Room Tip: book early....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I booked the room and was promptly contacted by email. Because I booked it early, i was able to enjoy early bird rates. From the hotel I could see fireworks every night at 8.30pm from Disneyland. The breakfast buffet was simple yet scrumptious and my friend was able to enjoy 4 types of coffee! It is situated conveniently between Maihama and Shin Urayasu Stations and we could visit the shopping malls at these places. It's a pity it does not have coin operated washing machines which will be greatly convenient for families staying longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We were looking for an economical location to stay for a week. Therefore, Mystays Hotel was the best choice when it comes to Economical and value for money hotel. The Hotel is located roughly 10 min walk away from DisneyLand, Ikspiary Mall where the train stations are located to move around anywhere in Tokyo and Japan.

One of the best feature to mention is that we had a Foot Massager provided to us in our room. It was really something we have enjoyed the most after walking 8 hours a day in Disney land. it couldnt be any better.

Staff is helpful and do the best they can to accommodate your request. English is not an issue. Most of all , You will experience the True Japanese Hospitality and cheaper price.

Sameer

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Excellent hotel choice close to train station, shopping and Disneyland & Disneysea if you're not staying at one of those pricey Disney hotels. Room size is ok though a bit small compare to normal hotel. Not many room choices for big family. No onsite laundry but ok if staying a short time. Breakfast is limited and only western choices available. Walking distance to Disneysea and hotel also provides free shuttle to and from both attractions. Good dining and shopping choices at Ikspiari, a short walk away. Surrounding area a bit industrial and not much to do after Ikspiari close, not many 24hr convenience shop. A short train distance to Odaiba.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Orewa, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was attending a wedding at the Disney Ambassador Hotel. I wanted to be near the wedding venue, but didn't need/ want to spend large amounts for a Disney/ partner hotel. Having stayed at MyStays previously I wanted to stay again, as it is generally a reasonable price, and the rooms are good.
However...
I knew the wedding date 9 months in advance, but learnt that I could only book the hotel 6 months in advance. On the 6 months date I attempted booking (via the website) however they said for this hotel it was 3 months in advance. At 3 months I tried again, and initially it said rooms were already booked. I tried again, and all rooms were available. Minimum rate was 20,000yen for a twin room. (I expected and the website infers that the usual rate is half this. OK, I know the booking was for when Disney Christmas had recently begun, but I have since noticed that Saturday nights closer to xmas are cheaper rates).

The hotel itself is standard. Not too far a walk from the Disney Resort. Nothing around the hotel at all, Disney car parking across the road; convenience store 5min walk away.
The room was standard basic. Nothing special at all, and, for me, a let down. Considering the price I would have preferred to stay at the MyStays in Asakusa-bashi... the rooms there were much much nicer, and the price was much, much cheaper! It would have been worth the 35-45 mins train travel from Disney.
Again, considering the price, it turns out I could have stayed at a Disney partner hotel for only a little more cost!

Sadly the hotel was a let down after the beauty and excitement of the wedding. I have learnt in future to just pay that little extra for a partner hotel, or else stay back in Tokyo city.

FYI I had been mailing before I arrived, as my check in times changed and I had questions whether there were shuttles from the JR Maihama Station etc. The staff replied promptly in good english and were very helpful.
They also realised that while I wanted a non-smoking room I'd actually booked a smoking room, and they changed it for me without question. **That is an important note if you are booking through their website. They informed me that unless it states 'non-smoking' the rooms are 'smoking'!!

Room Tip: High floor, and try for room 01 (eg 701)... it is on the corner closest to Disney, and you could see...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
ms-maihama, Front Desk at Hotel Mystays Maihama, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at our hotel.

We are sorry that we could not meet your expectation.

We appreciate for writing us a comment.
We will strive to improve our room and customer service based on our guests' opinion.

Thank you very much.

Eri Nakanishi
Receptionist
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and yet would like to stay in a decent clean hotel. The hotel serves good breakfast. Although it is not a wide spread, the variety is well sufficient for a decent breakfast. Not to mention, their variety of bread are freshly baked. If you plan to visit Disneyland and Disneysea, this hotel is situated at a prime location. It is at a midpoint between the two, though it is nearer to Disneysea (appr 7 mins walk). It also provides free morning shuttle bus services to Disneyland and one pick-up shuttle service in the evening at 9.30pm from Disneyland. The hotel staff can speak basic good English. The rooms are relatively clean and they even had a leg massager. The cons for this hotel are that the lighting along the hotel room corridors are rather dim. My 4 year old child was scared when we were walking along the corridor at night. The support pillow provided was also not very comfortable to sleep on. It is rather hard and for people who are not used to support pillow, it is very uncomfortable. Overall, I would still recommend this hotel to my friends who are on budget. I would even return to this hotel for my next stay. Hopefully, they will improve their lighting and maybe repaint their walls to make it brighter.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
ms-maihama, Front Desk at Hotel Mystays Maihama, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at our hotel.

We are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service.

Our breakfast is buffet style which serves several kinds of freshly baked bread, several kinds of warm dish (eg, egg, meat ball, fried potatoes, etc), salad bar, cereal, fruit juice, coffee, etc. The variety slightly differs everyday.

To Disney Sea, it only takes 7 to 8 mins walk and 20 mins to Disney Land from our hotel although shuttle bus service is available from 7:35 to 10:35 AM (7:35 is not available when the TDR opens at 9:00 or 10:00 AM). Pick up bus usually departs from Maihama station North Exist at 9:30 (10:20 is also available on Sat), but is subject to change depending on the closing time and the number of guests.

Thank you very much for your warm comment.
We look forward to having you as our guest again in near future.

Eri Nakanishi
Receptionist

Been to Hotel Mystays Maihama? Share your experiences!