“Great value for the money!” 4 of 5 stars

Narita Gateway Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   658 Oyama, Narita, Chiba Prefecture 286-0131, Japan   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great value for the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Normally, I book a 4 star hotel in Narita, but recently, on my layover in Tokyo, I decided to try a three star hotel, but still wanted the amenities of a 4 star hotel: free wi-fi in room, hotel and area shuttle. I got them all at Narita Gateway Hotel. Although the furnishings were a little dated, and the room was small, I got the amenities I was looking for. In addition, for a few dollars more, I got a breakfast buffet.

I arrived at 5:00 pm, and that night, managed a trip to Aeon Mall. In the morning after a big breakfast, I used their area shuttle to go to the Keisei Train Station, where I walked to the Shinsoji Temple. Then later, I took their airport shuttle to the airport.

Next year, I think I will use Narita Gateway again when I do my layover in Japan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gardens vs facing the highway.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is one of the best accommodation around the Narita Airport. If you are looking for an accommodation near the airport, with great and superb facilities, narita Getaway just offer you that.
I stayed there for one night, since my flight was at 9am the next day. I really enjoyed my one night stayed with all the great service that the hotel offers. Staff were really friendly, even though I did not understand much Japanese language, they make my stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: i was on the 9th floor room 24, the view was stunning.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Crowsnest Pass, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed 1 night here September 2013 during a long layover on my way to Hong Kong. The room price was reasonable considering that the room was pretty basic & nothing fancy. The hotel is maybe 10-15 minutes away from Tokyo Narita Airport. It has a free shuttle bus going back & forth. When returning to the airport, be sure to have your photo ID accessible since Narita Airport checks the ID of all persons entering the vicinity. The hotel room was small & basic. Bed is hard but you will find that most places in Asia. Staff were helpful & friendly. I was getting over the flu so, due to illness & jetlag, I don't remember a lot about this place & that was ok since all I wanted was a place to sleep. Shower had good water pressure & there is a built-in bidet in the toilet. I left very early in the morning for the airport so I didn't experience many of the hotel amenities. It seems like a basic hotel, good for a place to crash for a night for a reasonable price. In that sense, it suited me fine.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Ogawa-machi, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just spent one night at this hotel. It had some great points, like a walk-in shower (maybe not in all rooms, though.) Excellent value for the money. Our only complaint was the EXTREMELY hard bed. Don't let their "pillowtop beds" comment deceive you. It was a too-small mattress pad atop a slab of concrete, or so it seemed. Their free shuttle bus FROM NARITA was super-crowded with a tour group, but we somehow got seats on it and held our full-sized suitcase on our laps. The bus left lots of folks behind, though. The hotel really needs its own, dedicated shuttle. Return TO NARITA the following morning was perfect. Except for the hard bed, we got excellent service and amenities for a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Good hotel to stay overnight when you will catch an early flight. The hotel is big, the rooms are small (japanese standard) but the bathroom has a bathtube. You can find restaurants, coin laundry and drink machines at your convenience. There is one restaurant outside that is walking distance and to go elsewhere you will need a taxi or a bus. You can use the free shuttle bus to go and come from Narita airport.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dardanelle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

staff at the front dest was sooo polite and accommodating - even at 12 midnight. their english was very good also. the bed was comfortable and the room clean and well supplied. Convenient shuttle to and rom the airport.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

The rooms are basically the same, not sure when was the last time they cleaned under the beds, but not for at least a month.
The WiFi service has been improved substantially over the past year. Available now in each and every room, and very reliable.
Unfortunately the front desk service has declined from when this hotel was known as the Port Hotel. Most of the original staff is no longer present - a great disappointment, as they were great.
Over the month, we have been in and out of this hotel and many others in the area.
On one occasion on departure from this hotel, we found one member of the front desk staff to be extremely rude. Hopefully he is the exception and not the norm of things to come. If this is to be the norm, we will definitely be scratching this hotel off of our list.

The other interesting point is that this hotel is now catering more to groups originating from mainland China. A real eye opener and experience.

Would we return: Yes, pending pricing and front desk staff attitude.

Would we recommend this establishment: Yes, but first check out the other hotels in the area for a better deal. At times you can find better including a buffet breakfast.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Narita Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!