“very convenient for overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels / Ryokan in Narita
Perth, Australia
“very convenient for overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed overnight before heading to Australia. Being one of oldest hotels around airport, the interior looked dated, and they still use old fashioned hotel keys. But the room was quite clean and functional. They have really nice court yard, and the view from my room was excellent.

Free shuttle bus services between hotels, the airport and JR Narita station. To avoid a long waiting time, you can check the schedule on their web site. I used them three times in one day to get to the hotel, to Tokyo and to come back. If you use the train to Narita airport and a bus to the hotel, just make sure you carry ID. You will be asked to show it at Narita airport station even though you may not go into the airport. I left all my IDs at hotel and was asked to fill a form. If I had a hotel key card, I could just show the security to pass. (I needed to leave the room key at reception.)

My husband called me at midnight, and it was transferred to my room promptly. So, I assume they have at least one front staff who can speak English all the time.

The breakfast was all right. Considering I got a package including free breakfast, I shouldn’t complain. There were enough variety, and the atmosphere was nice enough.

Overall this hotel is very convenient for overnight stay with cheap room rate. I will happily stay here again if I have to fly early morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed here prior to a flight home as it has the regular shuttle to the airport as reported previously. (Ask staff for times, they're very helpful... weighed my bag too!)
Ate in the Japanese restaurant at dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it although there were several items I didn't recognise and the waiting staff's English isn't good enough to explain what they were.
Still, that's part of the fun, eh?
(Much like the bizarre Japanese toilets that seem to have a mind of their own...)
The room was fine, the bathrobe almost fitted, bed comfy, bathroom small but adequate, CNN on the telly once I figured out how to get to that particular station.
Internet is 100y for ten minutes down the stairs but a couple of unsecured wireless networks popped up on my laptop so I used one of them.
The shop mentioned earlier has food and drink if you don't want to use the restaurants plus other flight related items of you're running short on supplies. They're expensive though...
Breakfast in the buffet restaurant which has a big choice of Western and Japanese items and then the shuttle to Narita which is very close.
If you've a morning flight out of Tokyo then you could do a lot worse than this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Tooele, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had to stay overnight in Japan on our way to Bangkok and had to find a hotel at the last minute. The Narita View was in a great location.....close to the airport with a shuttle that came by every 20 minutes or so. Room was at a great rate. The room smelled horribly of mold and cigarette smoke and the bath towels had a weird smell to them as well. However, the staff was very pleasant and accomodating and the room served its purpose. Would definitely stay there again if put in the same situation. However if I was spending any more time in Narita (or if I had my children with me) I would definitely go somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed 1 night at this hotel on 16 June 2011, and on one previous occasion several years earlier. Both times I selected this hotel simply because it was the cheapest, and the best hotel in the region. I have also stayed at 3 other more expensive Narita hotels, but they couldn't compare with the ambience and inner peace I experienced at the Narita View. Facilities, food and decor are adequate and reasonable at the price. The unexpected bonus at this hotel is the tangible atmosphere.

Room Tip: Smile at the staff at check-in
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Istanbul Province, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

After the hotel we had booked to stay in the night before we flew out of Narita was a bit of a disaster, we tried the booking desk at the airport and ended up with this hotel. We wanted a room that could fit three people, and for a reasonable price got a huge triple room at the Narita View Hotel.
Instead of going to the restaurant we just went to the convenience/gift shop in the hotel and bought what we needed. There are also lots of vending machines, including one that does hot food, so if you are not in the mood for the restaurant, you can still get something to eat.
The bathrooms are probably ready for a refurbishment, but are still clean and do the job.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Mossman, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Perfect for what it was. Great breakfast. Easy to find the free shuttle from the airport. We had 12 people in our group and no rooms smelled of smoke. Rooms on the smaller side but adequate for an overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
tokyo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

dirty, smell disgusting. Japanese standard is gone.
maybe if you stay in main building, you are lucky. the Garden view room won't give you
the vew , and seems like the garden wing is prepared for "crowed, dirty tourist group"
the bed, the fusion, the quilt. NOT CLEAN. I will escape to other hotel tomorrow.l

I've been to Japan for over 50 times, Please trust my exp
ertise.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Narita View Hotel? Share your experiences!