“Best Cream Puff I've Tasted” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Manila, Philippines
“Best Cream Puff I've Tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I love the Cream Puff from this place. The puff pastry is light and crispy, while the filling is creamy and refreshing. I like that it wasn't too sweet, such that it does not overpower the flavor of the cream puff itself. The original one was best.

We also tried the cheesy one. Although I love the taste of it, I didn't like that the puff pastry has become heavier, maybe because of the cheese. Cream puffs need to be light, in my opinion.

I also bought the famous Baumkuchen, which is a cake that is made of thin layers and formed into a ring. It's actually a German name, meaning tree cake or log cake. When you cut into the cake, it's not unusual to see 20 layers inside. The cake is said to be popular given away during weddings because it resembles a ring, and the continuous layers also symbolize longevity and prosperity. I love the Baumkuchen from Kitakaro, it was moist and soft when eaten.

Although I will have to say that the one they give out as free taste wasn't too good. It was a bit dry maybe due to being exposed to the air. But it is quite important for them to use the best quality, even for tasting, because this makes a customer determine if you will buy it or not.

You can also see them make it there. At the time we were there, they weren't making the layers although we could see the rotisserie. That would have been quite interesting to see. Instead, we saw how they used a hot iron marker to burn their brand logo into the cake itself.

• Visited December 2012