We were driving for hours through the night from Boston home to Toronto. We just needed a few hours sleep. When we entered the hallways to go to our room the stale smell of cigarettes was overwhelming. Walking along the hallway many rooms had towels placed down at the bottom of their doors, obviously to keep the smell of whatever they were doing in the room....we should have run then.
When we arrived in the room, which was severely outdated, we lifted the mattress (like all big city dwellers, to check for dirt and bed bugs).
Between the mattress and the box spring were a lighter, a quarter, a bottle of visine and a beer bottle cap. The mattress was really filthy and stained. We didn't bother to check for bugs, we just left.
I can't describe the stench of this hotel, I was nauseous for hours after leaving. It is disgusting.
I agree with Michael S, it would be better to be eaten by Mountain lions or Mountain men.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to the Americas Best Value Inn of Amsterdam and enjoy the affordable, newly redecorated, full service 125 room hotel nestled in the foothills of the scenic Adirondack Mountains, along the banks of the historic Mohawk River. All rooms feature free wireless high-speed Internet access, coffeemaker, cable TV, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, free local calls, and alarm clock. Most rooms have a microwave and a mini-fridge, available for a small charge. For the business traveler, we have over 2500 square feet of meeting space that can be broken down into 3 separate meeting rooms that seat up to 175 people. Additionally, there is a banquet facility which can seat up to 400 people. We also offer fax and copy service. We have a game room for our guests' leisure. While at our hotel, dine at our very own City Lights Restaurant. Our front desk is staffed 24 hours. We are confident our friendly staff will make your stay with us a memorable and enjoyable experience. We invite you to "Experience the Colors of Montgomery County." Nowhere else in the area will you find such a rich collage of ethnic groups and cultures, including the Native American Mohawk Indians and the Amish. The area offers the Erie Canal for your boating pleasure, plenty of heritage and historic sites including the austerely beautiful Stone Arabia churches and Historic Fort Klock, the legendary Fonda Speedway for dirt-track racing enthusiasts, the Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Indian Community, and the revered National Martyrs' Shrine at Auriesville. We are only 30 minutes from Albany, NY. Must-see area attractions include Noteworthy Indian Museum, Fulton Montgomery Community College, Glenville Mini Sportsplex, Michael's Amusements Proctor's Theatre, Bally Gaming and Systems, Saratoga Race Track, Lapland Lake Nordic Ski Vctn, Oklahoma Race Track, and Saratoga Performing Arts Center. At Americas Best Value Inn Amsterdam, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Amsterdam
- Americas Best Value Inn Amsterdam