I recently stayed here for the night with my husband. My sister and family stayed in the other room (there are only 2 rental rooms). It was the most unique lodging experience I have ever had! The owner is really nice and more than willing to tell you about the history of the building and even show you around - we got a full tour! It was a very cold night (early December) and they do not heat the entire place, but our room/bed were very toasty - there are space heaters and bed warmers which we actually turned down because it was so warm. I was a little apprehensive about staying in a castle because my thought at first would be that it is creepy/haunted but I was not creeped out at all. Despite the fact that it is chilly in the hallway it was otherwise cozy and not scary in the least. I would highly recommend it. there truly is nowhere else to stay in Amsterdam NY - if you are familiar with the area you know there isn't much for lodging there. I have family in this area and would definitely stay here again the next time I am in town and I am sure my sister would too - it was very cool to have the whole place to ourselves! There is a 10,000 sq foot gymnasium that the kids played in (scooters, bikes, balls, etc) and they had a blast. There was a pool table you can also use. Right across the street there is an excellent Italian restaurant that I also highly recommend. Overall it was a great, positive experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former National Guard armory renovated into a delightful unique B&B ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Amsterdam Castle B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Castle Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Castle Bed And Breakfast