“Excellent rock star service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Nagoya

Save Saved
You added Hilton Nagoya to your Saves list
Hilton Nagoya
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3-3 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 460-0008, Japan   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #2 of 138 Hotels in Nagoya
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent rock star service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

On our recent trip around Japan we had to brake our trip in Nagoya to fit in with the train schedules. I had some Hilton Hhonors points to use up, so booked a night at the Hilton, despite looking first for a hotel nearer the station.
I am really glad we chose the Hilton - we have never had such a warm greeting and excellent service in a large chain hotel anywhere in the world. First off a porter rushed over to take our bags as soon as we had entered the hotel's forecourt. Then at the front desk we were told that we had been upgraded to an executive floor (I am hhonors gold) and so were ushered up to the executive lounge on the 26th floor to complete checkin. Everybody seemed so pleased to see us.
We had a deluxe room on the 24th floor which was very well furnished with nice Japanese touches like yukatas and sliding paper screens for the windows instead of curtains.
We had evening cocktails with appetisers in the lounge and breakfast the following morning. At each the food was very good and the service impeccable, even though my wife's cocktail order (black Russian please) did stretch the lounge staff's English somewhat.
The next time we are in Japan, I would consider booking two nights at the Hilton and taking more time to see what Nagoya has to offer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Nagoya!
It was great to read your very positive comments on the service and various aspects of the product. We certainly aim to use excellent service to differentiate our hotel from others!
Once again, thanks for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Nagoya soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

On my previous trip I had a special room requirement request. It could not be met. When I was there last week, the request had been met without my asking for it. I was curious and asked if it was accidental. So the duty manager looked into the computer and said that it was marked next to my name. Now I know that I am one of thousands of travellers going to that hotel, but I did feel that they are interested in my individual needs.

Room Tip: I have a feeling that they are trying to save on energy costs: Set the required a/c setting early. A...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Nagoya!
Thank you for your loyal patronage to the HIlton Nagoya.
Our team certainly has personalized service as the number one focus, so I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services.
I will be sure to pass these comments on to our team.
Whenever you next make the trip over from Frankfurt we look forward to extending a warm welcome back!
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

First time in Nagoya. Stayed on the executive floor 6-8Feb. Extremely friendly staff. No problem with check in and out. Both the afternoon tea and evening snacks were good. Trust me, there aren't that many hotel club floors which offer good hors d'oeuvres. I loved the green tea cake. We had our buffet breakfast on 2/F. There are also some cafes nearby if you prefer room without breakfast. The hotel is certainly not new but I can say that it is very well kept, and very clean. I used the pool once, the gym was busy in the morning. Parking charge is reasonable as it is in the heart of the city. Otherwise it is only a short walk from the underground station. The hotel is about 15 min walk away from Sakae, the main shopping area. I am glad we stayed here and will come back next time.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel R, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hilton Nagoya for your recent visit to Nagoya and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
Our team certainly has personalized service as the number one focus, so I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the Executive Lounge experience at Hilton Nagoya.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

As travellers all over the world always say..its the people that makes the difference.
And this Hilton Hotel outshines all the other Hilton Hotels that i have stayed in terms of staff service.Tokyo Shinjuku Hilton and Osaka Hilton dont even come close.
Checkin was swift friendly and very helpful in accomadating my requests.As i had wanted to find a certain shop..i approached the Concierge who without hesitation brought out a printed map and showed me the directions.However as he did not know the exact location..he consulted his computer to guide him.But even this could not help me.He did not stop there.He went into the backroom and i assumed he tried to consult his colleagues.Even though eventually both of us knew that it was quite difficult in locating the store...i told him that it was ok.But what made it ok that i couldnt find the place was that the fact he made a great effort in trying to do so.I must add that both the checkin staff and the concierge had one thing that the other Hilton Hotels and for that matter any service establishment in Japan do not have.Its the smile.No doubt wherever you go in Japan one gets great and very polite efficient service but its very rare for them to smile.Fantastic job well done!!!
Room wise is the usual standard Hilton Hotel room.Similar in concept and design as the other Hilton Hotels in Tokyo and Osaka.Comfortable queen size bed with 4 normal sized pillow and soft duvet.Spacious enough for a big bag to be placed on the floor and still have room to move around.Room had a work desk and and 2seater sofa facing the window.
Bathroom again stocked with the usual Peter Thomas Roth toiletries.Clean modern and bright.Shower with bath with 2 modes..handheld and wall mounted.The typical japanese toilet bowl equipped with built in seat warmer and multi wash functions.
Everything worked perfectly.There was only two very very minor gripe for me.That the walls were really very thin and i could hear my neighbors talk.Second is there is no wifi(only wired) in the room...only in the lobby area and as usual ridiculously expensive.
Location perfect.Right in downtown so the hotel isnt far from the shopping eating and entertainment areas.
Excellant staff..excellant hotel.Very highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel R, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya!
I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services and interaction with you.
It is always gratifying to receive recognition for efforts made and I have passed on your comments to our team members who I am sure will be even more motivated.
Whenever you next make the trip over from Singapore we look forward to extending a warm welcome back!
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Interior Decor: Hilton Japan standard - excellent
Exterior appearance: Tallest building in Fushimi area of Nagoya - stylish
Outside view from the room I stayed: Toward west for Nagoya train station and west side of Nagoya city - very good
Price value: A bit overpriced
Location: Central part of Nagoya - good, a bit far from any train stations including subways
Bed: Queen - soft - excellent
Amenities: Excellent
Quality of breakfast: Excellent
Parking: A bit expensive

Bathroom seems a bit outdated - cold and hot water handles for the bathtub should be united to one.

Room Tip: Executive floor room facing west side
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hotel R, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya!
Thanks for writing a review on your recent stay at Hilton Nagoya.
It was great to read about the helpfulness of the team, your very good experience in our breakfast and that you were pleased with the room.
Bowmanville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for a conference, and was relieved to find that English was spoken and understood by almost all staff I met. The service was excellent, with staff remembering us and greeting us by name the day after we had spoken to them. The breakfast buffet was amazing - a very complete offering of Japanese and western foods, with lots of fresh fruit and other healthy options, as well as delicious breakfast pastries. The rooms were larger than expected in a Japanese hotel - the Hilton would be considered a western hotel, I am sure, although it did have a lovely, deep Japanese style bathtub, and a toilet with all of the fancy features! The beds were hard and low, but comfortable. The location was excellent - easy walking to shopping, lots of restaurants nearby. The onsite restaurants looked, good, but I only ate breakfast there. The conference food was good, especially a delicious bento lunch. The only complaint I have is that the requested non-smoking room was not available, and the whole floor smelled smoky. For me, that means the hotel doesn't get an excellent rating.

Room Tip: higher floors have good views of the city
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel R, Hilton Nagoya at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya! I was delighted to know that enjoyed your stay with us and that you were most satisfied with our team members’ services and interaction with you, and in particular our conference services.
Thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton when your travels bring you to Nagoya.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stay there from 26-28/12, on Executive Floor. All staff are very nice, service is excellent. Breakfast is no complain. Hotel parking fee is reasonable, if you don't drive, its easy to get underground, (around take 3 mins walk). Plenty of restaurant and drug store are near the hotel. For big department store, talk 1 stop of underground. JR Nagoya station they will provide the shuttle but only operate in the morning and evening....it's bit inconvenience. However, overall the hotel is excellent, no complain at all...

Room Tip: If affordable, don't miss the executive floor, nice view, nice services, nice staff
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel R, Craig Bonnor - General Manager (Hilton Nagoya) at Hilton Nagoya, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Greetings from Nagoya!
Thank you for your comments and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed Hilton Nagoya hospitality and some of the unique offerings of Nagoya city.
Whenever you next make the trip over to Japan we look forward to extending a warm welcome back!

Been to Hilton Nagoya? Share your experiences!