“Its a Westin ... so you know what to expect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Nagoya Castle

You added The Westin Nagoya Castle to your Saves list
The Westin Nagoya Castle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-19 Hinokuchicho, Nishi-ku, Nagoya 451-8551, Aichi Prefecture (Sakae / Fushimi / Nagoya Castle)   |
Ranked #21 of 158 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Dublin Ireland
“Its a Westin ... so you know what to expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was my second time staying at the Westin, Nagoya ... the last time was when Expo was in Nagoya in 2005 ... I suppose what struck me most was I think the hotel was identical ... and it still looked fresh and new ... I suppose this says consistency and reliability which I guess is a good thing in a hotel.

The room was good, but more or less what you would expect ... service was very good, as you would expect ... food was good, as you would expect ...

I suppose the highlight is the proximity to Nagoya castle and the stunning view (our room faced the castle, which we would recommend) - especially at night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I only had one night here but the hotel was extremely comfortable with a good nights sleep. Great view of the castle from the room. The rooms are a good size, although the bathroom a little small. Good location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rehovot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I enjoyed very much my stay in this hotel. I had a great room facing the castle, the breakfast buffet was excellent. The regular coffee there was on the weak side, but when requested, I got excellent espresso, which helped me to wake up!
Down sides: no TV channels in English, and only one morning (out of three) received an English newspaper.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have regularly stayed at the Westin Nagoya Castle for over 10 years and I'm impressed with the consistent attentive and high level of service. We've always been given a very clean and comfortable room with a magnificent view of Nagoya Castle - especially impressive at night. The non-smoking rooms are newer that the smoking rooms and in my opinion the most comfortable so if you're a non-smoker be sure to book a non-smoking room! All the staff I interacted with spoke excellent English. The free shuttle from the Nagoya JR station is a great bonus for going to and from the hotel, and handy if you want to go to the city's main shopping area. This time we dined in the Crown restaurant on the 11th floor and enjoyed an amazing meal with spectacular view of the city at night. The perfect romantic restaurant for dinner to celebrate an anniversary (or at lest that't what we did!)

Room Tip: If possible ask for a castle view room - the castle is lit at night and spectacular, however single...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great view of the castle. Otherwise poor location in a run down residential area. Only thing in the area is the Noh theatre. The hotel is old and dated. Bathroom is a prefab fiberglass insert placed in corner of the room. Breakfast does not start until 7am. Fitness center does not have elliptical trainers and does not open until 11am. The top floor restaurant has great food, but very expensive.

Room Tip: Make sure room faces the castle, otherwise go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Everything is good with this hotel. My room even faces Nagoya Castle and it looks very beautiful at night time. Good to have an evening walk around the castle and at the back of the hotel. The staff were friendly. When I asked for the adapter for charging all of my gadgets, they were very polite and instantly gave it to us although I asked for more than one. The front desk speak good English. This made our stay pleasant as I do not speak Japanese. Breakfast was fine too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while on a visit to Nagoya, we needed somewhere close to the castle and this was perfect.

On arrival we were pleased to see such a grand reception it was very classy.
We went to our room which was clean and tidy, maybe needs a little updating but it was fine.
The bed was very large and comfy.

We were blown away with the view, as soon as you looked out of the window you could see the castle, it was fantastic. We took photos in front of the window and the castle was behind.

The location was great as we were 10 minutes from the shops and restaunts and a 5minuet walk to the castle.

The hotel offers a free shuttle bus in to town too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Nagoya Castle? Share your experiences!