“Standard Marriott in an outstanding location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nagoya Marriott Associa

Save Saved
You added Nagoya Marriott Associa to your Saves list
Nagoya Marriott Associa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-4 Meieki, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 450-6002, Japan (Nagoya Station)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 138 Hotels in Nagoya
Sao Paulo, SP
“Standard Marriott in an outstanding location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Nice, modern and clean hotel, decent size room,

Great location, inside the Nagoya station, (bullet train to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka) and local lines and metro.

A lot of people checking-in and the special desk for Marriott Rewards guest was not honored. Too bad!

An American chain should offer more TV options in English.

Free internet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

As much as we were looking for a high quality hotel and had high expectations, the Associa went above and beyond and exceeded most of them. This was one of those rare times in our travels where we truly felt like the hotel offered noticeably more than we expected - which above all else is what we admired most about it.

There are many great details to point out, but suffice it to say that all elements that one would typically evaluate in a hotel were all of the highest standards. The location is very convenient with direct access to trains and subway lines, staff were courteous and helpful (even by Japanese standards), the design and décor was warm and serene yet modern, and the rooms were themselves comfortable, clean, and relaxing. As we always do, we requested a high floor room and were rewarded with captivating views of the Nagoya skyline.

The buffet breakfast also deserves special mention, as it really was more akin to a small feast than a small meal on which to start your day. There was so much variety being offered (from fresh fruits and pastries to cooked meals), that it was almost impossible to sample all the dishes, and we genuinely enjoyed the vast majority of them.

Our experience during our short stay was positive in all respects, and given what we felt were quite reasonable rates, we wouldn’t even hesitate to recommend the Associa for any luxury stay in Nagoya. An excellent hotel, and a pleasant experience we will not soon forget!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The location of this hotel - just above the train station - is superb, and overall the facility is excellent. We were in town for meetings with Toyota (offices directly across the street) via bullet train from Tokyo and thus it was very convenient for us. Excellent, efficient Japanese service as expected. One thing to note is that the hotel floor plan offers 1 or 2 rooms which are absolute slivers - very tight, perhaps 1/3 smaller than the other standard rooms - and the circular shape of the building cuts off window end of the room even further. Hotel rooms in Japan tend to be smaller anyway. Just a warning that not all the rooms are the same size and one is quite a bit smaller than the others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Absolutely my favorite Hotel in Nagoya! Perfectly located above the Nagoya Train Station, just a stroll away from the Shinkansen Tracks, in the upper floors of a large building and therefore totally sound proof. Hotel features a nice and elegant design, every time I go, rooms are always in perfect condition. Hotel features all features and services both for business as wel as leasure travelers. In the same building, 1-2 floors down is a large variety of all kinds of restaurants (both japanese and international) for those who do not want to dine 'in house'. For me one of the very best Marriott Hotels I have ever visited.

Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

At first glance, this hotel appears to be nothing special, just another hotel in Japan conveniently located on a major transportation line (in this case, the Nagoya train station is directly below the hotel). But then you enter, and see a lobby with extremely helpful staff, rooms with great features, and a sense of quiet and serenity unusual in a city hotel. Very comfortable beds, a wonderful bathroom with modern fixtures, and plenty of room to work and relax. There are a couple of restaurants in the hotel, but I recommend leaving the hotel level and going to the Danish bakery on the 1st floor (station level) as a great place to get a cheap, quick breakfast. There are a couple of floors of restaurants and shopping on 12 and 13, and the hotel is above.

Every thing I could have asked for was immediately delivered by the staff. Check-in and out was easy. Good quality for the price. And most of all, it is a quiet stay in the middle of a big city, even with the trains directly below.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The location of this hotel is perfect : just inside the Nagoya train station, where you can connect to the whole city by subway or to the rest of country, by the bullet train. There are plenty of hotel signs around the station, so there is no problem to find it.

Rooms are big, considering Japanese standards and very well equiped. Bathroom is something special, with lots of amenities and Japanese toilet seat. Wifi is available and works fine. TV channels are most Japanese and some international channels like CNN and BBC, but nothing that really will make you watch TV.

We stayed at 40th floor and you have a nice view to the city, including the Nagoya castle, one of the top spots in Nagoya. There is a bar in the top (56th floor I guess), which gives you stunning views of the city, specially at night. The only problem is there is no restrictions for smoking inside the bar, so it is not the best thing if you are not a smoker.

Restaurants are in general expensive, but you have some good options in the station and also around the hotel. The hotel staff will be happy to help you find a good one. By the way, as in all Japanese hotels we've been in this trip, staff is in general far over your expectations. They are always looking to help you and they will, most of times.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I booked a non-smoking room at Marriott Nagoya Associa, thinking that I could have a comfortable stay in Nagoya prior to flight to the US. When I arrived at hotel, I was put in a smoking room. The front desk didn't tell me this when I checked in. I only figured this out when I walked into the room and the overpowering smell of smoke almost knocked me over. I spoke with the front desk, and they told me that the hotel was fully booked and that my rate does not guarantee a room type. I checked my confirmation letter and the letter clearly states that I requested non-smoking. There is no mention anywhere that this was not guaranteed. I wish that the hotel informed me, the customer prior to my arrival so I could have changed my plans. I felt trapped since I only found out once I already checked in and by then was already committed to staying at the hotel. After reading other reviews this seems to be common at this hotel. Customer Service at the front desk didn't seem to take my issue seriously and waived me off. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Nagoya Marriott Associa? Share your experiences!