“Good modern hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Leopalace Nagoya

You added Hotel Leopalace Nagoya to your Saves list
Hotel Leopalace Nagoya
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3-4-4 Uchiyama, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 464-0075, Japan (Chikusa / Ozone)   |
Ranked #22 of 156 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagoya
Wisconsin USA
“Good modern hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed at the Leopalace for one night during a visit to Nagoya. It was within walking distance of the Chikusa Station, but we needed to ask two people to determine its location. Actually the entrance faces on Sakura Dori, a main street, but the listed address didn't tell us that.
The hotel is a sleek glass and marble job, with spacious public areas. The staff was helpful and one of them accompanied us to our room. She insisted on handling our luggage, which I felt a bit sheepish about. The room was large enough, and was modern and clean. We got internet access by renting a laptop from the front desk, which also helped us set it up.
The beds were comfortable, and we slept well.
The hotel restaurant had adequate food, and we received breakfast tickets which afforded us a good breakfast the next morning.
All in all, we would recommend this hotel if you're in need of one in the Chikusa district.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I recently traveled to Japan for a 15 day adventure with my daughter. We stayed in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and ended our trip in Nagoya as I had a deliver a lecture at the Aichi Cancer Center. Upon arrival to this hotel, we were treated like unwelcomed guests. We were asked to pay for all 3 days in advance and when I acted surprise, the manager/clerk became rather agitated with me. This is the first time in all the years of travel (I travel 5-6 times a year) that I have been asked to pay before I even step foot in the room. After I paid, I asked for a receipt/voucher and again was treated rudely. Later that day, we were being picked up by my colleague (who is Japanese) and once we got to his car he indicated that it was very surprising that the hotel manager referred to us as two foreigners waiting in the lobby. It should be noted that the hotel staff did not speak English, which made communication rather difficult. The last night of our stay, I wanted to make a toll free call to the international Continental Airlines office and not only I could not call outside from the hotel room, but when I called front desk they had no idea what I was referring to when I stated toll free. They showed no interest in helping.

Other issues with the hotel, besides rudeness and lack of English dialect, is that the hotel is not very centrally located and most Taxi drivers have never heard of the hotel. It took 10 minute walk to the nearest subway station and 25 minute ride from Nagoya train station to the hotel by Taxi (that is if the driver could find the hotel promptly).

So, while our stay at Nagoya and Japan in general was magical and we had a great time, the negative experience at the hotel was not welcomed at all. There are plenty other nice hotels around the train station that we will happily stay at next time we are in town.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel is spacious enough for a mid-range hotel in Nagoya.
The equipments are convinient for a business use.
5 minute walk from the nearest subway/JR station. 5 minute walk to Imaike, a traditional commacial district in Nagoya.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Leopalace Nagoya? Share your experiences!