“A very bad experience and will never stay at this hotel again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Leopalace Nagoya

Save Saved
You added Hotel Leopalace Nagoya to your Saves list
Hotel Leopalace Nagoya
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3-4-4 Uchiyama, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 464-0075, Japan (Chikusa / Ozone)   |
Ranked #19 of 138 hotels in Nagoya
Houston, Texas
“A very bad experience and will never stay at this hotel again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I recently traveled to Japan for a 15 day adventure with my daughter. We stayed in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and ended our trip in Nagoya as I had a deliver a lecture at the Aichi Cancer Center. Upon arrival to this hotel, we were treated like unwelcomed guests. We were asked to pay for all 3 days in advance and when I acted surprise, the manager/clerk became rather agitated with me. This is the first time in all the years of travel (I travel 5-6 times a year) that I have been asked to pay before I even step foot in the room. After I paid, I asked for a receipt/voucher and again was treated rudely. Later that day, we were being picked up by my colleague (who is Japanese) and once we got to his car he indicated that it was very surprising that the hotel manager referred to us as two foreigners waiting in the lobby. It should be noted that the hotel staff did not speak English, which made communication rather difficult. The last night of our stay, I wanted to make a toll free call to the international Continental Airlines office and not only I could not call outside from the hotel room, but when I called front desk they had no idea what I was referring to when I stated toll free. They showed no interest in helping.

Other issues with the hotel, besides rudeness and lack of English dialect, is that the hotel is not very centrally located and most Taxi drivers have never heard of the hotel. It took 10 minute walk to the nearest subway station and 25 minute ride from Nagoya train station to the hotel by Taxi (that is if the driver could find the hotel promptly).

So, while our stay at Nagoya and Japan in general was magical and we had a great time, the negative experience at the hotel was not welcomed at all. There are plenty other nice hotels around the train station that we will happily stay at next time we are in town.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel is spacious enough for a mid-range hotel in Nagoya.
The equipments are convinient for a business use.
5 minute walk from the nearest subway/JR station. 5 minute walk to Imaike, a traditional commacial district in Nagoya.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Leopalace Nagoya? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Leopalace Nagoya

Address: 3-4-4 Uchiyama, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture 464-0075, Japan
Location: Japan > Chubu > Aichi Prefecture > Nagoya > Chikusa / Ozone
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 138 hotels in Nagoya
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Leopalace Nagoya 3.5*
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Hotel Leopalace Nagoya welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation.Located 5 minutes walk from the Imaike Station, the Hotel Leopalace Nagoya is 5 kilometres from the city centre and 50 kilometres from the airport. This property is close to business, shopping and entertainment districts of Nagoya. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound), Rakuten, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Leopalace Nagoya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Leopalace Nagoya, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.