“Nice hotel besides the smoke and trash...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Aqaba
Beijing, China
“Nice hotel besides the smoke and trash...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you enjoy being engulfed in cigarette smoke when you walk into a hotel, this is the place for you! Everyone smokes all over the lobby. It is a crime to make your guests, including kids, have to walk through it!

The room is fine, pretty basic with all the usual amenities. Nothing special. the bathroom could have used some new tiles and some areas are starting to show their age. Beds are comfortable.
The pools are nice and the cooler with waters that comes with the towels is a nice touch.
The beach is small but adequate (but maybe too small when the hotel is full?) but it is NOT CLEAN!! There are cigarettes and trash everywhere, even at 9:30am! You'd think they could pay someone to rake that junk up before guests go on the beach?!
Big bonus points: free wifi everywhere!

We didn't eat any meals there, the downtown area is only a 15 walk away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear llariak

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience during your recent stay. and I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due Smoking and Beach cleanness, and the Bathroom.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target our problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. also your comments will be taken seriously and will shared with all head departments concerned. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose InterContinental Aqaba resort for your future travel needs.

Mazen Abu Sakha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Staying in thins hotel was living like a movie star with all its luxury, the hotel in over all is outstanding, and simply amazing. Each time my family and i visit Aqaba the first hotel that comes in mind is The Intercontinental. why you ask ? It's because of the comfortable and homey atmosphere that you feel once you enter the hotel, the great and friendly service you receive, the tasty meals you get served, did i mention its spacious and lovely beach and the view is something that gives you chills ?
Honestly i recommend checking in this hotel, it takes luxury to an extreme new level, and its also a great place to enjoy your time, and relax.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear HASANABBAD
First of all let me thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay, also i want to thank your for such inspiring feedback and recommendation, from valued feedback from valued guests like you enables us to gauge our performance, its our core business to provide the service that our guests love , once again thank you for the feedback and hope to keep welcoming in your second home in Aqaba.
Aqaba, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This not my first time to visit intercontinental Aqaba , I have been staying with my family for two days in the weekend not so busy but if it was the staff we do their Job on a professional manner, our rooms are so clean big and fresh breakfast are so good , front office TM ...khaled ashi ... Reem abu saleh . Thanks you made my vacation after a hard work a small comments about the trip on the Boat it was not as we expected I hope that they will fix the issue that we inform .

Mohammad hamdan.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Mohammad H
First of let me thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, I am happy to hear that you had pleasant and memorable stay with your family and glad to hear that our staff members meet your expectation especially the mentioned names, your valued comments about the boat trip will be taken seriously and shared with concerns, One again thank you for your inspiring feedback and hope to welcome again in your second home in Aqaba.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Huge Hotel right by the sea. My room was very spacious with a nice view of the sea and part of the pool area. Very quiet room, comfortable bed. The beach area is nice and since I was there in January it was not too busy, but still okay to go for a swim. There is a good selecion of Restaurants and a Cafe which was great for grabbing a quick bite. Room Service breakfast was excellent. The gym is okay and has good cardio equipment. The spa has a sauna/steam room and Jacuzzi in both the men and women's area. My massage therapist was great, however, since the Jacuzzi right outside the treatment room was very noisy and constantly running, my massage was not that relaxing. All in all a very nice place to stay with very friendly staff and a good beach area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Namaste711
First of all let me thank for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay, I hope to accept my extended sincere and gratitude for the comments and recommendation Via TripAdvisor , Only by valued comments from valued guests like you enables us evaluate services provided by Resort members, your constructive comments about SPA massage room highly appreciated and immediate action will be taken, Once again thank you for your comments and hope to welcome you soon in your Second home in Aqaba.
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

in very good location , nice beach especial during sunset, very good food with different kinds
the staff very kind ,we spent 2 nights last november and we enjoy very much ,I recommend this hotel to anuone for fun or business and sure I will chose again , few mintes walking you will be in the area of caffe and resturants, I advise to choose the correct peride of the year to visit aqaba to enjoy the wether , dont go in summer very hot and this hotel is the best .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear moh-alshakah
First of all let me thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay in InterContinental Aqaba Resort. I am glad to hear it from you that you had nice and memorable stay, it’s our aim to meet our guest’s expectation and providing highest level of service that our guests love, once again thank you for your feedback and recommendation which highly appreciated and hope to welcome you soon in your second home.
Espoo, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very disappointing fact that my sons age of 14 and 15 were not allowed to use spa or fitness center. This is not mentioned on InterContinental Aqaba's website and the management has not bothered to reply my feedback. Would be great if they could at least allow everyone to use the fitness center at day time, when hardly no one was using it. Or at least mention about it on their website. Otherwise was rather good. Lots of pigeons (also dead ones),

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mazen-AbuSakha, General Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Pasi H
First of all let me thank for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay in Aqaba, I greatly appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to SPA Kids Policy and Pigeons, I would like to take this opportunity to explain that our SPA can be used only by Adults for our guests safety measures only, I hope to accept my apology for non of resort reply your feedback , only by valued comments from valued guest like enable us to target where we should improve and your comments will taken seriously and actions will taken to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction . Last and not least I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and I hope you will continue to choose InterContinental Aqaba Resort for your future travel needs.

Kolbotn, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were two couples who visited BURJ AL Hamam. We arrived a bit lopsided with a waiter who was both arrogant and without any capability for guiding into a new word of foo, -and fortunately this was quickly korrigert. Thanks to the restaurant manager who corrected the situation and made ​​the meal an experience with a presentation with many flavors of Jordan's good food. Professional restaurant with excellent food.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Mazen-AbuSakha, Manager at InterContinental Aqaba Resort, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Hansaroen
First of all let me thank you for taking the time to share feedback about Burj Al Hamam Restaurant experience, your comments will be taken seriously and immediate action will be taken by head department concerned. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced in Burj Al Hamam restaurant . Only by valued comments and feedback by valued guests like you enable us to target the areas which needs improvement and where we should focus. I hope that you enjoyed your meal and hope that Restaurant Manager make your experience enjoyable and memorable. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope this experience will not deter you of choosing InterContinental Aqaba Resort for your travel needs.
Mazen Abu Sakha

Been to InterContinental Aqaba Resort? Share your experiences!