“Great personal service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sinai Divers

Sinai Divers
Moevenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba | South Beach Road, Tala Bay Area, Aqaba 77110, Jordan
+962 3 205 0030
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 36 Activities in Aqaba
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Sinai Divers Aqaba is located directly on the beach of the 5 star Mövenpick Resort & Spa Tala Bay Aqaba. Divers staying in other hotels will be picked up on a daily basis.The center offers all kind of diving and snorkeling activities: house reef diving, single dive trips by speedboat as well as full day trips on M.Y. Harmattan, the most comfortable and luxurious dive boat in Aqaba.The instructors teach the full range of diving education from Bubblemaker for the youngest to Dive Master Courses for the more experienced.Also non-divers have plenty to do, with boat cruises, jet-skis, banana boat, water ski, wake board, and the opportunity to dive the red sea without touching the water, on-board a semi-submersible.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Great personal service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had some difficulty scheduling our diving because we had little kids with us on holiday who neede baby-sitting and we had to do a refresher. But the people at Sinai were very understanding and flexible. I really wanted to see wreck of the Cedar Pride, so the next early morning they let me go out on the speedboat with just the captain and the dive-master. Was a great dive.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Ivana N, Manager at Sinai Divers, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay here. While you and your wife were doing the refresher we hope your kids met some new friends in the mini club :) The Cedar Pride Wreck is one of Aqabas highlights. We hope to see you again and to make it possible also for your wife to dive this amazing wreck :)

Trondheim, Sor-Trondelag, Norway
“Poor customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We booked a snorkeling trip a day in advance. The next day, it was so windy, it was difficult to even get into the boat from the pier. My wife therefore decided this was not going to be a pleasant day for snorkeling so she opted out. This resulted in no return of the money paid.

Going out alone, I was the only one snorkeling, while four others and the instructor were diving. I managed to spend 20 minutes in the cold water and wind, they spent 50 minutes, so I was left cold and wet on my own in the speedboat for half an hour (instead of being taken 5 minutes to shore).

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Ivana N, Manager at Sinai Divers, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. It always helps us to receive feedback also from non divers who are a big part of our customers. Unfortunatelly you didn´t have a nice snorkling expierience, we are very sorry for that.
Once a reservation is done and the trip is just about to start, we cannot refund the money because everything is organized and prepared already. What we offered you and your wife were our thick wetsuits which divers use normally to spend about 50 min underwater. This would have helped you because the sea temperature was 23 degrees. You decided to not use them. As we have divers on board it is impossible to drive people back to the shore who are cold because we have our emergency oxygen and the first aid kit on board. For safety reasons we don´t leave the divers unsupervised from the boat just for the unlikely event that a dive accident happens. But what we offer our snorkelers is one trip per day on the speedboat only for snorkelers. It was your decision to join the speedboat with divers on it.
We are really sorry for your bad experience but there were many possibilities to avoid your discomfort which you didn´t want to utilize.
Kauniainen, Finland
“Enjoyable and fun diving in Aqaba Marine Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent a week over the New Year in Aqaba. I contacted on the evening of our arrival Sinai Divers Tala Bay Center and arranged a check dive for me right for the next day to get things going. We were a family of five, I was the only certified diver, others snorkeling. During the week I made seven dives, three of them from their awesome dive boat M.Y. Harmattan. Later on the week our son(14) and daughter(21) got so exited of under water world that they did an introductory course. Now they ara looking forward to get certified for next vacation. Since the first contact to Sinai Divers Aqaba their service was very friendly and precise. The whole staff and instructors demonstrated their professionalism. We highly recommend!

iv_nik, Manager at Sinai Divers, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to share your impressions with us. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your vacation and espacially your diving experience. It is always a pleasure for us to bring the diving close to non-certified divers. We hope to see you again here in Aqaba with two new certified divers or two new Open Water Students.
La Chapelle-en-Serval, France
24 attraction reviews
“Was supposed to be the highlight of my stay in Aqaba...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Well... the big disappointment was that their speedboat was not available, so that the only way to dive was from the shore or to go on a full day diving trip on board another boat (which turned out not to sail finally on that day).
So I finally dove twice on the same spot, the Kiwi Reef which is accessible from the shore.
The dives were fine, the staff is good and prepared the dives well. The spot is very nice, but I cannot compare with any other in the Red Sea...
So I have mixed feelings about my experience... I will have to come again to see some other spots.

Visited October 2013
“Serious driving, serious fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

On arrival at Tala Bay we approached tone Sinai Divers about our diving needs. I am a certified diver but have not been able to dive for many years and my friends were keen to give it a try. I was booked into a refresher course and spent an hour in the pool going over necessary skills before a fun dive off the reef. My instructor was at all times encouraging, supportive and very professional. The equipment is well maintained and organised and when I had problems with my fins they were swapped for another pair. My friends we able to do the exploratory dive and one of them was then able to continue to do part one of the open water course the following day one on one with an instructor. Sadly we were booked in for another dive off the stunning reef near by but windy weather conditions prevented this as the company take safety and diver enjoyment as priorities.

Visited October 2013