“Perfect diving vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer one of the most amazing and adventurous diving trips in the Red Sea area, snorkeling trips to the Aqaba Marine Park providing you with the equipment and accessories to enjoy your trip while exploring the aquatic life in the Red Sea. Rentals, consultations and guide services are available and provided by our diving instructors for both certified and non-certified divers. You can also begin or continue your diving education by contacting our training department. We can help you to become a Master Scuba Diver or a PADI professional. So let our experienced guides show you around some of the best dive sites here in the Red Sea.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Rehovot, Israel
“Perfect diving vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Aqaba for a four days diving vacation. We choose this dive center after reading the reviews on this site (and others).
Thanks to this dive center, this was one of the best vacations ever. The dive plan was exactly as we wanted, the staff was great and the equipment was in a very good condition. Special thanks to Fathi, our guide that was very attentive and knowledgeable about all dive sites and the marine live and made the whole vacation perfect.
We can't wait to go back again, and ofcourse we recommend this dive center to everyone at any diving level.

Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ahlan Aqaba run an exceptional outfit. The staff are friendly, efficient and very good at what they do. From Tina's advice at the dive centre (including general tips about Jordan) to Shadi, Suzanne and Fathi's skills as dive masters. The boat "Sea Breeze" is comfortable, clean and well equipped. Their hospitality on the boat (drinks, tea, barbecue food) is the best I have seen on a dive charter.

Our group included a range of people - discover scuba divers, trainees for open water certifiaction and certified open water and advanced divers. The crew catered for everyone's requirements.

The prices for the diving are very reasonable. Some of us did 4 dives over 2 days and Ahlan charged us the package price - 170 JOD - even though it wasnt booked as a package.

Our four dives were at Cedar Pride, Japanese Garden, Seve Sisters & the Tank and Rainbow Reef. A little disappointed with the visibility but the overall dive experience is highly recommended. We were told that the visibility is better around June - although the weather in the last week of March was ideal.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
188 attraction reviews
“Service par excellence... at a price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

First impressions: The relatively small façade that makes up the dive centre's storefront hides a little gem in Jordan's city of Aqaba. But the all-glass exterior makes it the more inviting.

PROS: Although not as famous as Eilat or Sharm El-Sheikh, Aqaba benefits from having lesser tourist crowds. Everything about this diving centre spells efficiency from the speed of e-mail replies to its centrally-located dive shop (just across from Al Cazar Hotel) in downtown Aqaba. The staff were helpful. Tina was both friendly and accommodating. Shadi and the dive crew were safe, professional, knowledgeable and organized. The rental gear appear well-maintained, so is the dive boat.

CONS: I understand the need for a check-out dive, but I could do without paying extra £ for it. Most dive companies incorporate the check-out dive in the first 15 minutes of your first dive --- for free.

Liked: The individualized attention and teamwork. Even when a DM was not "assigned" to me, he assisted me in any way he can. The dive company also offers NITROX.

Disliked: At £80 for a 2-tank boat dive, on the worldwide scale, it is at the expensive end of the spectrum. Worldwide rates that I've encountered range from cheap Nicaragua (£25), Philippines (£30) up to exorbitant Hawaii (£115-135), Nassau (£85-105) and Alaska (£130). On average, most sites charge £60 for two tanks. However, this may merely reflect differing economies and fluctuating monetary conversion rates.

Verdict: From the perspective of a former marine biologist and a seasoned scuba diver (27+ yrs), I think the waters off Aqaba are worth visiting. It is not a diving mecca per se. And not in my top 10 Best list. But it behooves you to dive with an excellent outfit that knows the area well. Recommended. Grade A+.

Visited May 2012
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
“Ideal for all tastes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was brilliant! The staff were wonderful particularly for those for whom this was there very first time. It was a new world opening up before your eyes. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the Hilton Taba to give this a try - we think it is a real must.

Visited January 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A whole new world for Rico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just wanted to give other planning to go to Aqaba a few words about Alhan Aqaba Scuba... The staff members I dived with the 4 days I was in Aqaba were Totally Awesome; Moe, was very knowledgeable about the marine life; Tailey, gave super tips on ref preservation and clean up; while this being my first time diving Suzanne, my amazing scuba instructor had the patience of Job. She made the Jordan Diving experience one that I will never forget through her instruction and dive training. The staff all made my Red Sea DIve one to tell about over and over again.

Visited January 2013