“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Nahda Street, Aqaba 2313, Jordan   |
Ranked #11 of 33 hotels in Aqaba
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here for 1day.Room was good and clean.The only problem what we faced here is Restaurant supervisor is rude fellow.But all other Staffs are good.Pool is good but it does not have temperature control and it is not for kids.
The other problem is internet.Per hour they charged 2jd.
If u use the mini bar,you will be charged.Pl.keep it in mind.But they did not tell us before.
Hotel is arranging lot of short trips.I feel it is cheap and good .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FirasSaqer, General Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
First of all we would like to thank you for your time and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor which utmost importance to improve our property and raise the standards to meet your satisfaction.

We do appreciate your comments of the stuff …..
and we assure you that we will take your notes into serious consideration, and pass it to our team so we can ensure a perfect holiday ever!

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Solihull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Positives - good location with excellent independent restaurant next door. Swimming pool and bar on roof are great. Pool is not too cold and the surrounding sun bed area is clean and well maintained. The best breakfast in our whole trip to Jordan - with an egg man cooking fresh eggs! This was the only time we saw this in the whole of a 10 day trip and was most welcome!

Negatives - we couldn't get into our rooms when we arrived and it looked like some other groups were experiencing the same. As a result, we had to change for the Red Sea in the swimming pool changing area which wasn't nice for us or the people trying to use the swimming pool. Then, reception were showing 'A cabin in the woods' on the TV - an 18 film that really wasn't appropriate for our kids!!!! The bathrooms smelt mouldy at certain times (not always). A charge is made for Wifi at 2JD per hour!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

We do appreciate your comments of the noise ,,,Breakfast,,, Rooms,,, restaurant …..

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed only one night in this hotel and I would gladly stay at this hotel again!

Some of the highlights included:
- A spacious room that was very clean, well air-conditioned (an absolute must in Aqaba!), and nice shower.
- Great neighbourhood which was walking distance to the public beach (as female tourists we didn't swim) and many restaurants within two blocks.
- Great seafood restaurant next door (although as mentioned in other posts I'm not sure it's connected to the hotel)
- Pool on the roof was AWESOME!

Only drawback I can think of was one of the restaurants nearby (not the previously mentioned seafood restaurant) blasts very loud music (it is so loud we thought it was coming from the room next door and we were three stories up) until midnight. If I wasn't so jetlagged this would have been a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far as possible from the restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
FirasSaqer, Front Office Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012

We do appreciate your comments of the noise

Nijmegen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent 5 days at My hotel and everything was perfect. Clean towels every day, spacious rooms and a great breakfast buffet. There's a swimming pool on the roof. Staff will provide towels if necessary and you can order drinks and food. I would go back again.

Room Tip: we had 202, nice room but no balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FirasSaqer, Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
We like to thank for staying in our hotel and we appreciate your review about the hotel in hope to see you again in our hotel
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

A centrally located hotel in this friendly compact city. Very tidy rooms and an excellent restaurant down below it on the street front (not sure if it's linked to the hotel or not).
The breakfast was really good although the chef could learn to smile a bit more, the rest of the staff were lovely.
Recommended

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
First of all we would like to thank you for your time and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to know that you like our Hotel, and we hope that your stay at our Hotel was memorable and full with enjoyments.
Also we are glad that you enjoyed our Breakfast Buffet & different outlets which you mentioned in your comments.
Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed there for only one night on a touring holiday, shame it wasn't more. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was large too. The rooftop pool area was great and the breakfast was excellent. I'd love to return!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Malmö, Sverige
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My expectations of Jordan were already before my trip high since it has been a long wish to visit this magic country. But I didn’t anticipate how wonderfully kind the people would be. This country is perfect to visit in the sense of size. Two weeks is maybe not enough to cover what they have to offer but you sure will have seen a lot of it during this time and also find enough occasions of relaxing. My husband and I brought our two boys, 15 and 7. We stayed in Amman for 2 days and the rest in Aqaba. Aqaba is located perfectly for making short trips out to Petra and Wadi Rum for instance. The kids were tired after such trips, but knowing that they will return to Aqaba and the Red Sea made it worth while for them, especially the younger one. In Aqaba we stayed at My Hotel which I will definitely return to. It is not as big as the Mövenpick or Kempinski – and not as expensive. But this is just what we wanted. During our stay we got to know the very friendly staff that went out of their way just to please us, even after working hours. The hotel is clean, spacious, located perfectly, serves an amazing breakfast and has a great pool on the roof. To the staff: until we meet again – thank all of you especially Mr Hana and my youngest son’s kind friend Ali. You made our trip the best!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FirasSaqer, Manager at My Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013

Again, thank you for your precious time hoping to welcome you back soon.

Been to My Hotel? Share your experiences!