We stayed at several five-star hotels in during our Jordan trip, but Kempinski really stood out for us.
Its austere exterior isn't the most attractive (depending on taste of course), but the insides -especially the lobby, breakfast terrace and rooms- are grand in a modern style.
The hotel exudes a mood of tranquility, geared towards winding down and luxurious relaxation.
The staff is extremely friendly and efficient, and the 'Ladies In Red' concierge service is no exception: friendly, fast and professionally handling any request or question.
Incredibly (included!) luxurious services include a 'butler service' for unpacking your luggage when you arrive and packing before you leave, the option of requesting a breakfast in the room until 3 AM, and a daily turndown service!
There's no hassle with 'towel cards': towels for the beach or pool are handed out by an attendant and tidied up after you leave. An added bonus is that you get nice little light bites free when you are lying at the beach or by the pool. The restaurants are very good (we recommend the kingfish in the Black Pearl) and the breakfast buffet is outstanding (with complimentary fizzy whine).
Also try the fun pool bar (in the pool)!
The spa is very restful, and -for an additional fee of course- you can order a massage, which I heartily recommend. The massage therapists really know their business!
* Tip: the bar directly on the beach serves cocktails that are VERY light on alcohol, so you're better off ordering non-alcoholic drinks there.
* Tip: ask one of the Ladies In Red about arranging a Wadi Rum balloon ride. Very much worth getting up early for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracefully situated on the white sandy beaches and azure waters of the Red Sea, The Kempinski Hotel Aqaba offers a transcendent sensory experience. With an array of culinary options, leisure activities, and top-tier pampering and perfectly at home within its picturesque surroundings, this resort is heaven to explorers and leisure seekers alike. Set against a stunning backdrop, the hotel combines the warmth of the Jordanians with the highest standards of a luxury European resort. Style is contemporary chic and the resort’s fascinating tear drop design guarantees sea views from every room, complemented by luxurious facilities and state-of-the-art technology. There are three lounges and three eateries to choose from serving everything fromextensive gourmet buffets, delicious fresh seafood and an assortment of tantalising treats. At night the hotel blossoms with wondrous façade lighting, paving the way for an unforgettable evening of cocktails and malts, around the sunken pool or at Aqua Lounge, a favourite with romantics due to its gorgeous views of the Red Sea.For pampering and healing both inside and out, Kempinski The Spa offers a journey of tranquility with treatments using an assortment of luxurious elixirs and ingredients. With a fully equipped gym overlooking the ocean, the resort offers everything your body needs to unwind and rejuvenate. It goes without saying that the diving here is incredible and guests can explore the largest collection of natural soft corals in the world when delving into the glittery, calm waters. Aqaba is a warm and inviting city, fringed with palm trees, shopping and a vast array of leisure, sporting and entertainment facilities. Ideal for year round sunshine, Kempinski Aqaba is the perfect location to explore all the delights that Jordan has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Kempinski Hotel Aqaba Red Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Hotel Aqaba