“Great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Aqaba
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights last week and were pleasantly surprised by the spacious room and the kindness of staff. A special thank you for the front office manager who helped us a lot. Would absolutely recommend this place to my friends!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We picked this hotel off the internet, took a chance and booked it with assistance from the management at Cleopetra. Are we ever glad we did. Our room was huge & very clean. We had an unobstructed view of the Red Sea. The breakfast was excellent. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The clean towels every morning were folded to look like swans.
The location was great. Free WiFi wasn't available on our floor but it worked fine in the lobby and every time I went down to use the internet, i was offered tea or coffee.

The biggest issue in Aqaba is that all the beaches in Aqaba are controlled by the large hotels and they charge stupid prices for access. [I found that in Jordan, they charge for everything.] There is a public beach in Aqaba but it isn't very nice so we paid 15JD each for a bus ride about 20 minutes south of Aqaba to a dive hotel and used their beach. Then the bus driver wanted 2JD each for the ride back to Aqaba; I refuse to pay and he backed down.

If you go to Aqaba, I highly recommend this hotel; we really liked it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

I stayed at the Raed Hotel in Aqaba during the last week of February.
The hotel was suggested and booked by our Travel Agency ( Jordan Beauty Tours ) and we were really happy with the suggestion. The hotel has a great location and has good value :

1) Location. The Hotel is located 5 minutes walk to the Beach and within 5 minutes you can find several restaurants, shops, convenience stores, internet cafe, taxi stands, etc. There are several other hotels in the area. The souk is just 10 minutes walk.

2). Reception Staff. The reception staff is really friendly and willing to help and support.
We arrived to the hotel at 10.30 am and within mnutes we had an early check in . Thanks to the front desk staff, who are really very friendly.

3) Lifts. There are 2 lifts in the hotel, which are small but convenient.

4. Rooms. We received 2 connectiing rooms in the 5th floor, with sea view. The rooms were spacious, clean, with a nice bathroom with cold and hot water. There is also TV with several international channels.

5) Restaurant. We had Dinner and Breakfast Buffet in the hotel, as it was included inthe reservation. We had for dinner a delicious fish with a great salad. For breakfast we had bread, eggs, etc. Good choices.

The atmosphere in the hotel is nice . Overall a good experience.

If you are looking for a good value hotel with excellent location , this could be a great option !!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

I went diving with the shop next door so am not sure where the beach is in relation to the hotel but its definitely a good walk. The restaurant in the hotel is really good. (not the one where breakfast is served). The hotel itself was an experience for me. The rooms are more like apartments which I liked but are quite bare compared to what I'm used to. For the women, there is no hair dryer or small shampoo, conditioners etc.
The water pressure was horrible. I stayed in 2 separate rooms - this was the experience in both rooms. On the other hand, not sure if this is all over the middle east - bathrooms have bidets in addition to toilets.
Rooms are fairly clean. Although the hotel does have wireless internet (not necessarily advertised, we had to ask for password) it did not work for me at all. The signal is very weak. There are several internet cafes around the hotel if you must check mail etc.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

it's really very nice hotel. All were friendly:) I'm going to stay in Raed Hotel again!

• Liked — all
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

I stayed here just one night while diving with the dive shop located next door. I was pleasantly surprised. I believe that I paid about 30 GBP for the night, breakfast included. Reception was polite and efficient. The room was large, quiet and clean. The air-conditioning worked fine and the room was well sound-proofed. There was a full bath which was very clean. My morning wake-up call was right on time. Breakfast was unexceptional but fine.

The hotel is centrally located and there are a large number of restaurants within very easy walking distance. The neighborhood felt safe.

In short, it is a three star hotel with no pretentions but does a fine job of being a good, solid, three star hotel.

• Liked — value for money
  • Disliked — no alcohol
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Rae'd Hotel Suites? Share your experiences!