“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 hotels in Amherst
Providence, Rhode Island
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here on my trip to Rhode Island. Great property, good rooms. Courteous front office staff. No complaints whatsoever. I love that all the courtyards have renovated and it was close to the highway. Would stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Syracuse, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I would like to briefly tell you how my stay at The Courtyard at the Buffalo Amherst region was. The hotel was beautiful, the room was clean, however, that was not the issue. The first night the hotel was filled with very loud teenagers, and took me roughly two hours to fall asleep. Of course I had to sleep with ear buds to drown out the noise. Then the third and last night I stayed, my neighbors, who were also a bunch of teenagers, were yelling and banging all over their hotel room. I called the front desk the hotel associate by the name of Adam answered and said he would send someone up. Ten minutes later, no one had showed up and the teenagers were still as rowdy as ever. Therefore I called again, this time a woman answered and said she would check with Adam to see if he had sent anyone up, if not, she would go up there herself. So, she went up herself, and told the teenagers, “Please be quiet the woman next door is trying to sleep for her training in the morning.” I cannot tell you how outraged this made me. I was spending the night on a business trip alone. The female associate told a group of men that a woman was trying to sleep next door. Can you imagine the security issue on that? So continuing on, they still did not be quiet. I called again about 30 minutes later told I then I either wanted the room switched or them switched. Adam this time came up and told the teenagers they needed to be quiet or go to the lobby and they were being too loud. I have never stayed at the courtyard, nor will I ever again. My employer has us stay with the Marriot almost every time we travel and I will never request myself or co-workers to stay here again. The absolute outrage of telling many male travelers, a woman is staying next door is almost unreal. Also I’d like to add, a $60 necklace has seem to have gone missing during my stay, so if the terrible customer service wasn’t enough, there is always that to dwell upon.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ROCMarriott, Owner at Courtyard Buffalo Amherst, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us. We have addressed this issue through Marriott guest relations.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The only drawback to staying at this hotel is that it will spoil you for any other hotel, anywhere! The lobby/lounge/cafe is welcoming and cosy, with couches, a large screen tv, newspapers, computers and warm wall finishes. Such a pleasure to spend time alone, or with friends in this home-like atmosphere. The room was huge, beautifully furnished, and so marvelously CLEAN. The beds were amazingly comfortable, and, thank goodness, feather pillows were available. Staff were all invariably courteous and friendly. The walls even seem to be soundproof; although we found out the next morning (from the baby's mom) that there had been a baby crying all night long, we hadn't heard a thing!
We very clearly felt that no effort had been spared in creating a first-class hotel experience for guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here during the construction and it was fine. All the rooms have been recently renovated with new beds and TV's. Galleria Mall and Airport are very close. I didn't like the options for breakfast at the grab and go restaurant and found it to be pricey. There are lots of great restaurants within driving distance. Very nice staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed over one night on a road trip. Customer service was wonderful! Everyone was on their game and very welcoming and hospitable! We will definitely be back on our next trip out east. Rooms were superb. Very clean & comfortable. Food was awesome as well.

• Stayed July 2012
new york,ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The new Courtyard format has lousey food options. There is no continental breakfast, limited drink options at the end of the day.And a limited food menue all day.If your travaling business and just want to stay in at the end of a long day, courtyard is not much of a help. Beds are comfortable. You will need a car to get anywhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We arrived at 2 AM and stayed 2 days, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very spacious, we had a 2 queen room and all rooms have a chair that pulls out into a single bed. I heard great reviews about the Cole Slaw but was unable to taste it. Kids and I enjoyed the pool and the fire pit. No free breakfast here, but the stay was still great. Since we do go to Buffalo Area quite a bit, I'd def stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Buffalo Amherst? Share your experiences!