“Excellent hotel and great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Amherst
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent hotel and great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night in December for our pre flight to Orlando the next morning which was 6:40am! The price includes 7 night parking and complimentary shuttle to and from the Airport. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Our kids made good use of the swimming pool. Free wifi for Marriott members was a bonus. We booked the shuttle for 5am and we were at the BUF airport by 5:10am! Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Thank you for all the positve feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

We stayed there for one night and overall the rooms were quite nice (on par for Marriott) and even though there were functions going on downstairs it didn't really disturb our rest.
However, the front desk service leaves much to be desired. On checking out I noticed that I was TRIPLE charged for internet access even though it was all used in the same room. When I brought this up to the front desk (ASHLEE MILLER), she gave me terribly unprofessional attitude and stated "that's just what we do here at this hotel!". I have stayed at numerous Marriott's around the world plus all other hotels and have NEVER been charged multiple times for internet access billed to the same room. Neither would I have expected to receive attitude from the front desk who instead of correcting the mistake basically told me "tough luck". She definitely should not be working for Marriott (or any other customer service position at any establishment) as it reflects very poorly on the overall company. I will be following this up with Marriott's head office.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
Thank you for your input provided on this site. I apologize for the issue that occurred regarding your internet charges and have followed up with the appropriate staff about the situation. The Buffalo Marriott takes great pride in its customer service and your feedback is important to us.
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We are Canadians tired to pay all the expensive taxes whenever we fly out of Pearson Airport in Toronto.
It was our first time flying out of Buffalo and we were recommended to try to get the Buffalo Marriott hotel for the night before via Priceline. To my research, this Marriott is the only one in the Buffalo area that will allow your car to be parked there and offer free shuttle both ways EVEN if you book it through Priceline. Other hotels offer this option but at a premium rate.

We stayed there on Monday, November 8th.

The hotel on the website would have costed me 169.00 plus taxes but I was able to get it for 60.00 (77.29 in total after taxes via Priceline).

OVERALL:
The hotel was very good. Everyone working there was very nice, from check-in personnel to shuttle drivers. We stayed in room 731. I recommend this hotel to anyone flying out of Buffalo. Would I stay again? Absolutely, IF I can find a good deal through Priceline. At the regular price on the website, I can do much better at other hotels closer to the airport.

SERVICE:
We didn't explore the hotel a lot. Unfortunately we got there a bit late at night (after 8:30 PM) and left around 9:30 AM to the airport the next day. Hotel has an outdoor pool which was closed in November. It also has an indoor pool and hot tub which looked nice but we didn't have time to use. We also saw a gym with IPod compatible equipment. There are 3 computers in a business center for guest to use for free, where you can print boarding passes, email, etc. It's a good alternative if you don't have a laptop.

Full buffet breakfast the next morning costed us 13.00 per adult at their onsite restaurant Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. Differently from what we were told over the phone when we called the hotel (that kids any age would pay 7.00), our kids were free (ages 2 and 4). Total bill including taxes and tip was 31.00 which made perfect sense to us as it was pretty cold to dress up the kids, hop in the car and head somewhere else to come back to the hotel and take the shuttle. Good selection (not great) for breakfast items.
Make sure to say HI to Jeanne when you go there. She's the lady in charge of the omelet station and she was so much fun. She works at the hotel for 18 years and only called in sick once. Our oldest kid had a blast talking to her about his upcoming Disney trip.

The shuttle was great both ways. On our way to the airport, although it was scheduled to 9:45 AM, as soon as we got to the lobby, the driver asked if we wanted to leave right away. That was around 9:25 AM. On our way back, I called the hotel and was told the driver was nearby which was true. He arrived at the airport in 7 minutes. Hotel is around a 12 minute drive from the airport. You keep the key of your car, there are MANY available parking spaces there in front of the main entrance.

LOCATION:
I didn't find the location really good. There's nothing really that interests me nearby, it's not by the airport compared to other hotels in Buffalo and not so close to the malls or outlets in Buffalo. It's very close to the University of Buffalo if someone is going there.

CLEANLINESS:
Room was very clean, I was impressed. I loved when I moved the bed to the wall (as we have a 2 year old that usually falls off beds when there are no bed rails) and there was a sign there, reading: "Yes, we cleaned here too". Tub in the washroom was very clean as well.

ROOM:
Average size room. Very comfortable beds and pillows, digital heating worked well. LCD screen TV had good selection of channels and pay-per-view movies. Bathroom had shampoo, conditioner and body splash. Towels were thicker than what I usually see in hotels.

VALUE:
At 60.00 via Priceline, this was a steal, amazing value. At 169.00 (if I were to book with the hotel directly), I would have been disappointed, as that rate doesn't even include a continental breakfast. To compare, I had a cancellable reservation with La Quinta Inn (closer to the airport) for a night stay, free parking, shuttle to/from airport and continental breakfast for 95.00 after taxes. I know many can say you can't compare La Quinta and Marriott, but when you're only sleeping at the hotel and really interested in the parking for 9 days and shuttle service, Marriott wouldn't be a good value at 169.00 plus taxes.

SLEEP QUALITY:
Very good. Good mattress and pillows. I had read people complaining about thin walls. I didn't have this issue. The hotel wasn't full at all though, being a Monday night. Curtains were good, so you could have no light at all if you wanted in the morning.

TIP:
Make sure you sign up to Marriott's reward program; it's free on their website. You get free wireless in your room, which otherwise costs 13.00 a night. I had to ask for it at reception and they gave me the password right away.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Marriott-Mgt, General Manager at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Thank you for the positive feedback which i will be sharing with our staff. Have a great day.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

Got a great deal for this Hotel on Priceline. An overnight includes up to two weeks parking and a complimentary shuttle to and from the Airport. Rooms are on the smaller side, though adequate for an over-night. Staff from the Front Desk, to the Shuttle Driver, to the Clerk in the Gift Shop and Room Service were all prompt, professional and courteous. A pleasant change from the Millenium which is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for the positve feedback which I will be sharing with the staff. Have a great day.
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

Hotel was clean, comfortable and convenient.

However, when we checked-in and expressed a preference for higher floors, we were told by a disdainful Kristin at the check-in counter that "we had the lowest priority for any special request, because we had booked through Hotwire" and that "the next time we should book through the hotel website".

We did not mention that we have been Marriott Rewards members for over 10 years.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing feedback reagrding your stay. I apologize for the issue you encountered as the desk makes every effort to accommodate all requests that are received. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed at the Buffalo Marriott Niagara earlier this month for 1 night. I chose the hotel as it was rated well rated on TripAdvisor and for it's close proximity to the University of Buffalo. (Attended a lecture there.)

I got a room with two double beds on the second floor. My request for a king size bed and a high floor were not met even though the reservation had been made more than a month in advance.

The room was also close to other rooms being used for a conference and was very noisy! ** Be sure to request a room away from these types of areas. The room's central air system was also very loud! It was hard to sleep at night whenever the heat went on.

The room was clean and spacious, decorated with modern standard hotel decor. The cable selection on the TV was excellent - about 70 channels and Internet access was free. I was disappointed with the lack of a mini-bar though. You can order from room service if you're desperate for a drink though! :)

The pool is awesome with both an indoor and outdoor pool area. I wish I had remembered my bathing suit!

The restaurant Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar serves American food and is average. I had dinner there and wasn't really impressed.

Service from hotel staff was great. They took me over to the university for my lecture in their shuttle so I didn't have to pay for a cab! Very very nice gesture that truly impressed me.

Parking at the hotel is also free. A good thing.

As for the area itself, there's not much to see/do. Go shopping or see the Falls. Pretty much it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your stay. The hotel makes every effort to accommodate all requests as we are fortunate that over 75% of our business comes from that of rewards members. The bar, restaurant and lobby areas are all slated for renovation and will be transformed into the Marriott Great Lobby experience. Have a great day.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Stayed for one night on the concierge level. The hotel staff and service is great and the hotel has great decor and is very clean. Location is average...nothing of great interest to me in the area, not a lot happening...but is within reasonable distance of the airport and has a shuttle. We had one major continuous problem with noise. It seemed we could hear every single thing our neighbor was doing. When he showered, went to the bathroom, what he was watching on TV. And we were woken at 5am by him cursing and screaming in what sounded to be agony. After a minute of listening, we discovered he had brought a special friend back to the hotel for the evening. This was very disturbing and distruptful. For the rest of our stay, we continued to hear everything he was doing. I prefer my hotels peaceful and private. I was quite disappointed.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Buffalo Marriott Niagara? Share your experiences!